What is a blood test : A complete brief on blood checkup
Uncountable unusual activities take place in our body and we remain clueless. Your health can be in a very questionable condition that may keep degrading with time without generating even a single symptom. Effectively, a blood test can be the answer to all those questionable factors that may cause harm to your health.
Examining and measuring chemicals, cells and protein can never be possible without a proper blood test. No matter if you are going for an online blood test or you are going for the lab test by physically visiting any pathological centre, it will always be beneficial.
What can a blood test diagnose?
In a word, blood tests are meant to show malfunctions in any organ. Apparently, a blood test result can show,
- Coronary heart diseases
Apart from satisfying these diagnostic purposes, blood tests can be helpful in identifying many more problematic factors in several ways. A blood test can help to
- Determine any occurring issue in the natural immune system of a human body
- Monitor and justify the effectiveness of any ongoing treatment
- Have a close look at the functionalities of your organ
- Determine the presence of any hidden disease that may turn severe in future
- Determine the presence of clotting or bleeding disorders
Some Important categories of blood test
- Basic metabolic panel: This specific category of blood test is performed for the purpose of measuring certain metabolic panels in the blood. The levels of eight compounds named calcium, potassium, glucose, sodium, chloride, creatinine, BUN, bicarbonate are measured through this category of blood test.
- Complete blood count: Each different part of your blood can be tested and measured by performing this specific test. Most mentionably, white blood cells, red blood cells and platelet amounts are measured through this test.
- Lipid panel: Being one of the most important types of blood test, the test category is well known for being the best way to measure the amount of good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. Generally 8 hours of fasting is suggested before the test takes place.
- Blood Enzyme: Enzymes are a specific type of protein that are considered as one of the most necessary substances present in the blood as they control so many chemical procedures in the blood. So many essential functionalities of a human body depend on enzymes and this is why this test category is hugely important to detect abnormal enzyme levels or to detect any unusual functionality of the enzymes.
- C-reactive protein test: In case the tissues in your body start to get inflamed, the liver starts to produce the C-reactive protein and this test is mainly performed to determine the presence of high CRP levels.
Apart from all these, there are several other categories of blood tests like DHEA sulfate serum test, Coagulation Panel, Thyroid panel, blood clotting tests etc. Each of these tests are equally important to get some serious complexions detected so that a person can seek medical attention immediately.
The good news is, newly appearing IT enabled pathology labs are providing blood test facilities at home and you don't even need to visit the health checkup centres physically. Let's talk about the preparations that are needed to be taken before you appear for the test
How are the blood tests performed and which preparations are required?
How the test is done : The blood sample is collected from the person appearing for the test. Through a medical syringe, a certain amount of blood is gently fetched from a specific section of the vein, on which the blood test is performed. Soon after the sample is collected, the sample is sent to the laboratory. After the test process is completed, it does not take much time for the test result to be generated.
Required Preparations: No specific preparations are required to go for a blood test. However, generally the patient is suggested to go through a fasting period of 10-12 hours before appearing for the test. Apart from that, it is also mandatory to have a brief discussion with the medical experts to know if any other preparations are needed.
How often should somebody go for a routine blood check?
People should go for a blood test at least 2-3 times a year just to make sure that no unusual activities have taken place unknowingly. However, this is also a fact that old aged people should consider going for a blood test more often rather than the ones that are younger in age.
These are some general predictions of how often a person may require a blood test for themselves. However, this is always a better option to go for a test in case you ever feel the need of it or you wish to stay up to date about your exact physical condition. After all, it's never too late to go for a pathology test.
When should you go for a blood test?
You may consider going for a blood test in case -
- You are experiencing specific symptoms or unexplained pain and inflammation
- You desire to have a bird's eye view of your exact physical condition
- You predict that you may have a hidden disease and you wish to stay away from the negative effects of it by getting it detected at the beginning stage
- Your medical expert has suggested you to go for a blood test to decide further steps of treatment to be taken
A blood test can be the answer to so many questions of the complications you are facing. Even the doctors can not decide further treatment procedures without having a look at the blood test report and this is another mentionable reason why blood tests are necessary. You can book any lab test online and now just because of aggressive development in the health infrastructure, the facilities of some lab tests can be availed from home too.
If you wish to go for a blood test, you can also book a blood test package online and you can also receive the test report through mail. Just the blood collection process will be taking place at your home and a pathology expert will be arriving just for the purpose of collecting the samples. The premium blood testing services are now just a call away from you, so don't be late to avail the facilities and get your health tested with complete accuracy.
We are associated with various NABL and ISO certified labs. We are proudly providing blood test at home facilities for the cheapest possible cost. Additionally, we are providing free home sample collection services too including many online lab tests. Our premium quality blood testing services are also genuine enough to be trusted. Get your online blood test done smoothly and comfortably just from your home only.
Our reliable home blood collection services are available near you in all major developed cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Lucknow, Noida, Gurgaon, Patna, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Surat, Chandigarh, Guwahati, Indore, Bhopal, Ludhiana, Bhubaneshwar. Get your online blood test done quickly with us just in a fraction. Our best quality pathology test facilities are the reason why we are trusted by a large number of people.