The enzyme, alanine transaminase is mainly found in liver. The alanine transaminase test helps to assess the quantity of this enzyme your blood, which helps in detecting early liver disease. alanine transaminase test price is Rs. 200.
When to get tested?
Your healthcare provider may recommend this test for many factors including:
- As a part of your routine health checkup
- To analyze your liver function
- If you are having liver disease symptoms
Your doctor might also give this test if you have high risk of getting liver disease. The factors are:
- Heavy drinking of alcohol
- Have a family history of liver damage
- exposure of hepatitis virus
- Consumption of medications which may cause liver disease
A sample of blood will be taken through a blood vein in your arm. The alanine transaminase test price is not very high.
No such test preparations are required. The alanine transaminase test cost is quite low.
High levels of ALT may indicate liver disease, liver damage, and liver cancer. As the test result is used to measure different enzyme levels, it is better to consult with your doctor to get the information about your test results. Find an alanine transaminase test online to get yourself tested.