In the United States, as many as 50-85% of adults have been infected with CMV. Most people are infected as children or as young adults and do not experience any significant symptoms or health problems.
What is the Cytomegalovirus - IgM test?
The Cytomegalovirus - IgM test evaluates the IgM antibodies of cytomegalovirus in your blood. This igm test is used to determine whether you are currently infected by cytomegalovirus.
When to get tested?
- If a pregnant woman or weakened immune system person having flu-like symptoms that suggesting CMV infection
- If a newborn have congenital abnormalities, jaundice or anemia
- If an infant have development problems, that can be due to the CMV infection
In these factors one may need to take this test. A Cytomegalovirus - IgM test price is low.
A sample of blood will be drawn from a vein in your arm by a technician. A Cytomegalovirus - IgM test cost is reasonable.
No fasting and any other test preparation is required.
- A positive CMV test result indicates the presence of a recent or acute CMV infection.
- A negative CMV test result indicates that no active CMV antibodies have been found.
You can book a Cytomegalovirus - IgM test online to get your test done.