Cytomegalovirus test is one of the major tests. This test is run to diagnose the chances of CYTOMEGALOVIRUS of any pregnant woman or any immune-compromised person. To run this test, a certain amount of blood is collected from a vein. Samples of blood, urine and other body tissues may also be required to detect the presence of the virus in case the patient is already symptomatic. Some types of samples like amniotic fluid, cerebrospinal fluid requires some special procedures to be collected. Consult any genuine healthcare to know about the preparations before the test. You may be asked to fast for a certain span of time.
What is the cytomegalovirus - IgG test?
The function of the Cytomegalovirus - IgG test is to evaluate the IgG antibodies to the cytomegalovirus, which helps to determine whether you have cytomegalovirus infection.
When to get tested?
This test can be recommended by your doctor,
- If you are pregnant or have weakened immune system, experiencing flu-like symptoms
- If a newborn have congenital problem
- Or if an infant having development issues, that might be due to the CMV virus
A blood sample will be collected from a vein in your arm by a medical professional. A Cytomegalovirus - IgG test price is low.
No special preparation is needed. A Cytomegalovirus - IgG cost is reasonable.
- A positive CMV IgG test result indicates past or recent CMV infection.
- A negative CMV IgG test result indicates that no previous exposure or infection to CMV, or it may indicate recent CMV infection.
You can book a Cytomegalovirus - IgG test online as well.