The Platelet Count test is performed to measure the proportion of platelets in your blood, which will help the doctors to detect a platelet disorder and also helps in determining the risk of bleeding after a surgery. Platelet Count test price is Rs. 150.
When to get tested?
If you are having symptoms of abnormal platelet counts in your blood, or if you are going through a complex surgery, then you need this test. The symptoms of excessive platelets are:
- Numbness in the hands and feet
The symptoms of low platelets are:
- Inexplicable bruising
- Continued bleeding after a minute cut or injury
- Small red and purple spots in the skin
- Sustained and heavy menstrual periods
A healthcare professional will draw a small amount of blood through a vein in your arm. The Platelet Count test price is noy too high.
You do not need any specific test preparation to appear in this test. The Platelet Count test cost is fair.
A lower than usual platelets count might indicate these health concerns:
- Autoimmune disease
- Viral hepatitis
- Lymphoma or leukemia
- Bone marrow disorder
- Deficiency of vitamin B12
- Gestational thrombocytopenia
A higher than usual platelets count might indicate these health concerns:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- A bacterial or viral infection
You can book a Platelet Count test online as well.