This test is performed to measure the amount of Prolactin in Blood. Prolactin is a specific type of hormone that is produced by the Pituitary gland. For both men and women, this hormone plays a very important role to maintain a proper reproductive system. The test is mostly run on women in case of irregular menstrual period or infertility issues. Abnormal growth of body, facial hair, decreased sex drive are some of the symptoms of the crisis of Prolactin. No specific preparations are required to appear for this test. However, the perfect time to collect blood samples for this test is 3-4 hours after waking up in the morning as prolactin levels in the blood may vary over a 24 hours span. The test results may vary depending on age, gender and health condition. Low prolactin level may cause a disorder named hypopituitarism. Similarly, high prolactin level may cause some types of physical complexions. However, high prolactin levels are normal in pregnant women.
Sample Type: Blood
NOTE: Due to COVID 2nd wave, home collection charge is applicable on all bookings[Rs. 200 for the 1st beneficiary and Rs. 100 each for additional beneficiaries under the same order]. CASH payment option is not available.
10-12 hours fasting is required. Water is allowed.
- 1. Fill the booking form on right side with Name, Address, Mobile no.
- 2. Thyrocare agent will inform you about the appointment date and time via sms or email.
- 3. Samples will be collected from your Home address. 10-12 hrs fasting is required.
- 4. You will get a payment link at the time of sample collection. CASH payment option is NOT available at present scenario. You can also make the payment by Scan QR code at the time of collection.
- 5. We will email the reports within 24-48 hrs[For most of the pincodes] on your email address mentioned while booking.
Notes: We are Authorized Sales Partner of Thyrocare Technologies Limited. We will take the order and send it to Thyrocare for processing. Sample Collection, Reports Generation, Payment Collection will be done by Thyrocare.