A Hemoglobin test helps to measure the quantity of hemoglobin present in your blood. Hemoglobin is a protein in your red blood cells, and this helps in carrying oxygen to your different organs and tissues. Unusual level of hemoglobin might indicate blood disorder. Hemoglobin test price is Rs. 150.
When to get tested?
- As a routine health checkup
- If you have any symptoms of anemia
- Have a family history of thalassemia, inherited blood disorder, sickle cell anemia
- Have long term infection
- Have a diet low in iron and minerals
- Or have had excessive blood loss due to any incident
In these cases your doctor may suggest you take this test. The Hemoglobin test price is inexpensive.
A sample of blood will be drawn from a vein in your arm. Hemoglobin test cost is not high.
No such test preparation is needed. However, if your healthcare provider has also given any other tests with this test, then you might need to fast (not eat or drink) for around 8 to 12 hours. However, follow your doctor’s instructions.
Abnormal hemoglobin results may indicate several underlying diseases.
- A high hemoglobin result may indicate polycythemia vera, heart and lung disease.
- A low hemoglobin result may indicate thalassemia, anemia, iron deficiency, liver diseases, and cancer.
Do consult with your doctor for better understanding of your test result. You can book a Hemoglobin test online as well.