Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
What is a Jaanch - pcod advanced profile test?
PCOD or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a quite common disorder, which mainly affects a woman’s ovaries. This disease affects your ovaries for which the ovaries generate immature eggs, which in future become cysts. As a result of this, the ovaires will gradually become large and will produce more androgen (male hormone) hormones. This can cause irregular menstrual cycles, weight gain, hair loss, and infertility.
What are the signs and symptoms of PCOD?
Some women may start noticing the PCOD symptoms for the first day of their period. The typical signs and symptoms of of PCOD are:
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
- Excessive body hair growth
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Skipped menstruation
- Heavy menstruation bleeding
Why should you choose the Thyrocare Jaanch - pcod advanced profile?
Thyrocare is one of the most trusted laboratories in our country, and provides accurate test results. The thyrocare jaanch - pcod advanced profile test includes 69 essential tests which will help to detect PCOD.
What is the procedure of the Jaanch - pcod advanced profile test?
The Jaanch - pcod advanced profile tests require a small sample of blood. A laboratory specialist will collect the blood sample through a vein in your arm.
What is the difference between PCOD and PCOS?
- PCOD is an endocrine disorder, and PCOS is a metabolic disorder.
- PCOD is a more common disorder than PCOS.
- PCOS is more severe in comparison to PCOD.
- PCOS can cause more serious fertility issues than PCOD.
- People with PCOS cannot ovulate regularly, while people with PCOD can still ovulate.
What preparations will be required?
10-12 hours of fasting is required for this.
What is the cost of a Jaanch - pcod advanced profile test?
The Jaanch - pcod advanced profile test cost is 4500 rupees.