What we know about the double mutant strain of coronavirus?
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Apr 15, 2021
The disgraceful disease has appeared with a new shape, which can easily be considered as the worst news at this very moment. It is known to all that since the beginning, coronavirus has claimed an uncountable number of lives all over the world by causing one of the deadliest respiratory diseases of all time named Covid-19. In spite of taking all the precautionary measures, it has been reported that a large number of people are getting infected every day.
Book Covid Test
Although the world has finally come to a solution of this problem as some of the vaccines have already been introduced, the risk is still the same because of the constant mutation of this deadly virus. Mutation of a virus is a natural process As a matter of fact, the double mutant strain of the virus has already turned into a terrifying disgrace and has already made a huge impact by infecting so many people. Some of the most mentionable facts about the double mutant strain of coronavirus are mentioned below for you.
6 mentionable facts about the double mutant strain of coronavirus
- There are reportedly four prime variants of coronavirus that have been found in India.
- The UK variant is considered as the most common one among these new strains.
- The risk of transmission is higher in case of this newly occurring variant.
- There is a possibility that this variant may escape the neutralization of antibodies.
- A change in strategy of treatment can help to determine the presence or the probability of presence of this virus more accurately.
- In some specific cases, the new variant has seen reducing the vaccine efficiency.
No matter if the new variant is stronger or weaker than the previous form, we should never stop taking all the necessary precautions that the medical experts are suggesting. Wear a mask every time you are stepping out of your home and wash your hands properly every time you come back home. Get in touch with a genuine and reliable pathology lab today to go for a Covid test or to fetch more necessary information in this regard.
Book Covid Test