What should you do if your child is infected with covid-19?
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Aug 13, 2022
It is mentionable that very few cases of covid in children have been discovered, but it does not mean that children are not at the risk of getting infected. In recent days, the number of covid-19 child cases are increasing.
In this tough situation it is essential to know what you should do if you suspect or your child got infected with this virus. Here are 4 steps that you should take if your child got infected.
- Contact your nearest laboratory to get Covid tested: In most of the child covid cases, it is found that some of them may have all of the symptoms, besides some may not have any symptoms at all. However, typically a child only experiences fever and cough as the symptoms of covid. You have noticed whether your child is having symptoms of covid-19. The covid-19 symptoms in children are:
- Shortness of breath
- Extreme weakness
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Muscle weakness
- Loss of smell
- Loss of taste
If you notice any of the above mentioned symptoms in your child, contact your pediatrician as soon as possible. They will investigate your child and would decide whether your child needs to get tested for covid infection or not. Find a rt pcr test near me and get yourself and your other family members tested.
- Isolation or quarantine: It is recommended to keep your child in isolation or quarantine for 10 days just after your child is tested for covid, until your child is relieved from fever for at least one day.
If your child goes to school, and after testing if the child got a positive report for covid, make sure to alert the school to alert other children who have been in close contact with you child.
Due to the Center of Disease Control, if the other members in your family are not vaccinated for covid, they should have to isolate themselves for at least 5 days even if they are not having any symptoms.
If your family members are fully vaccinated and are not having any noticeable symptoms at all, then you are not supposed to stay in quarantine.
- Help your child to relieve the symptoms: Make sure that your child is taking the medicines as prescribed to the doctors. Keep your child hydrated and ensure that he or she is taking rest as much as possible.
- Safeguard your other family members: As mentioned above, if any of the members is out of vaccines, then he or she needs to be quarantined. Besides, follow the undermentioned steps:
- If your child is 2 years and up, then the child and everyone in the family should wear a mask to avoid further contamination.
- If possible, keep your child’s bathroom separated from others.
- Try to avoid sharing any household items.
- Make sure to wash through the items which are used by your child.
- Ensure that the family members are washing and sanitizing their hands thoroughly.
- Try to sanitize surfaces everyday.
So those are all the steps that can be helpful, if your child got infected with the virus. The rt pcr test cost is very reasonable, and if you notice any of the other members are having covid symptoms find a rt pcr test at home near me and get tested. Also, you can find a rt pcr test near me online as well.