What are vitamins and how do they work?
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on May 01, 2022
It is almost impossible to find a single person who does not have any idea about vitamins. Theoretically, Vitamins are one kind of organic compound that we need for our health. Our body does not pro-actively produce or generate Vitamins and this is the reason why the basic source of Vitamin in a human body is certain types of foods. Deficiency of Vitamins may give birth to several physical issues and this is why a vitamin deficiency test is hugely important.
There are so many types of vitamins that remain in our body. Every single type of Vitamin has their own roles to play in a human body. As per information fetched and verified, Vitamin C is needed for diet. Similarly, we all need the other types of vitamins for some other functionalities of our body.
How do vitamins work?
- Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, which is very much necessary for eye health.
- Vitamin B1 is a water soluble Vitamin that helps in the production of several enzymes.
- Vitamin B2 is also a water soluble Vitamin which is necessary for the growth and development of the human body cells.
- Vitamin B3 is also a water soluble Vitamin that also has roles to play in cell growth.
- Vitamin B5 is a water soluble Vitamin that plays an important role in the energy production of the body.
- Vitamin B6 is water soluble and helps in red blood cell production.
- Vitamin B7 is also water soluble and it boosts the body to metabolize proteins, enzymes and fats.
- Vitamin B9 is also water soluble and it is necessarily needed for the making of RNA and DNA.
- Vitamin B12 is water soluble and is necessary to keep the nervous system healthy.
- Vitamin C is also water soluble and it plays the key role in collagen production, bone formation and wound healing.
- Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin that is needed for healthy mineralization of the bones.
- Vitamin E is fat soluble Vitamin that plays a lead role in preventing oxidative stress.
- Vitamin K is a fat soluble Vitamin that is necessary for blood clotting.
Vitamins are hugely different for so many activities of our body. This is the prime reason why the deficiency of any type of Vitamin may give birth to so many types of physical complexions that may turn very serious if not detected or treated on time. Consult a pathology lab today and go for a Vitamin profile test to know that your body is facing the lack of any specific type of vitamin or not.