Vitamin deficiency causes and symptoms
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on May 22, 2022
Our body requires 13 necessary vitamins, which can be easily found in many foods. As these vitamins are essential for many bodily functions, not getting enough vitamins can also cause several health problems.
Here are all the names of vitamins, symptoms and causes of vitamin deficiencies are discussed in detail for your understanding.
The crucial vitamins are:
Vitamin deficiency signs and symptoms:
- Bleeding gums
- Hair loss
- Dry skin and hair
- Restless leg syndrome
- Easy bleeding and bruising
- Poor wound healing
- Loss of bone density
Vitamin deficiency causes:
1. Diets: Certain diets can contribute to vitamin deficiency. Few examples of diets are:
- Dairy free diet can contribute to vitamin D deficiency.
- Gluten free diet can cause several vitamin deficiencies including vitamin B1 and vitamin B12.
- Vegan diets can cause vitamin B9 and vitamin B12 deficiencies.
- Diets that are low in fresh fruits or vegetables and high in processed foods.
2. Medical issues: Certain medical conditions can also lead to vitamin deficiency. Some conditions are:
- Kidney disorder
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Liver failure
- Chronic diarrhea
- Gastric bypass
- Crohn’s disease
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Pernicious anemia
3. Sunlight: Vitamin D can be found in many foods including dairy products, eggs, and seafood. However, sunlight is the main source of vitamin D, lack of sun exposure can cause vitamin D deficiency. Vitamin D test is the most accurate way to measure how much vitamin D is in your body.
Those are all the symptoms and causes of vitamin deficiencies. Vitamin deficiency can go worse in time. Sufficient amount of nutritions will help you prevent vitamin deficiencies. Do get a comprehensive vitamin profile test on a regular attempt to enhance your quality of life.
Click here to book Vitamin Tests Online. Collection will be done from the comfort of your home.