The best ways to improve your respiratory system
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Dec 21, 2021
We are all concerned about your heart health, but we usually neglect the health of our respiratory system. Taking care of our respiratory system is also very important, to avoid some serious health diseases. Bad lung health can cause asthma, lung diseases and even lung cancer. Typically your lungs can naturally defend power but there are certain factors which can boost your respiratory system. Also many breathing exercises which will improve your respiratory system as well as smoothing your breathing process. Some of the factors are discussed below.
6 Ways to improve your respiratory health
- Stop smoking: As you know, smoking is the main reason for lung cancer. Smoking tobacco causes inflammation in the lungs and can cause many types of lung- related diseases such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Therefore, if you want to improve your respiratory system, do not smoke. Also it will be good for those who are around you, because passive smoking is more dangerous.
- Do physical activity: Exercising has many positive effects on your heart health. Good heart health is important because your heart pumps blood to the lungs productively, and this will improve your lungs health also. Beside this, exercising will also help you to stay in shape and maintain weight.
- A good diet: Some vegetables and fruit are good for your overall health and also helps in improving your respiratory health. Do add vegetables in your diet such as cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, apples and others.
- Avoid exposure to toxic pollutants: Some toxic air pollutants can be harmful for your lungs health. Our lungs can tolerate these harmful chemical air pollutants but as you get older, the resistance power of your lungs gets weaker. However, you can improve your indoor air by setting up an air purifier.
- Do breathing exercise: Breathing exercise is one of the effective ways to improve your respiratory system. Taking a deep breath helps to clear the lungs. A study has proven that doing breathing exercise 10 minutes a day effectively improves lung health.
Integrating all these six tips will definitely help in refining your respiratory system. Steer clear of active or passive smoking, drinking alcohol, cut all that deep fried foods from your diet and include some fresh vegetables. A good lifestyle can help you live a healthy life.