Tests for past Covid infection and what does the result mean to you
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jul 12, 2021
There are so many reasons why the fear of Covid-19 has still not disappeared from the world. There are still a huge number of people who are reportedly being infected with this virus and the flow of rampage of this deadly virus is still unblocked. As a matter of fact, some of the most effective vaccines have already been introduced so far, which has already played a key role to reduce the problem. However, there are still a lot of people who are having antibodies for Covid infection in their blood and most of them have no idea about it. Undoubtedly, there lies the necessity of Covid tests.
As a matter of fact, it is recommended to all of us to go at least once for a test for past Covid infection as there are so many necessities for it. As we all know, antibodies are one kind of protein that are produced by the natural immune system of our body to fight viruses and infections. A serology test or antibody test effectively helps the medical experts to get the presence of antibodies detected in your body. In other words, Covid antibody test is the best way to know whether you are having antibodies against this deadly infection or not.
A brief on the test
A medical expert will be collecting a silly amount of blood from your vein, on which the following test will be performed. Even the test results also do not take too long to be generated. To be mentioned once again, the main purpose of this test is to detect the presence of antibodies in your blood, which means that your body caught this infection at any point of time in the past. This test does not help to detect the current presence of the virus in your body. The presence of Covid antibodies means that you have been infected before and the natural immune system of your body has already defeated the infection.
What does the test result mean?
Positive test results
- A positive test result signifies that your immune system has defeated the infection before and this is why you are having antibodies.
- You may get a positive report in an antibody test even if you have never found any symptoms of this infection in you before, because possibly you were asymptomatic.
- There are also some ‘false positive’ cases, when the test report says the person is having SARS-COV 2 antibodies but the person is not really having it.
Negative test results
- Negative test results mean that you never had this infection before and this is the reason why you are not having antibodies.
- You may feel a bit sick within 1-3 weeks after getting vaccinated as that much time is needed for our body to prepare antibodies.
This test has always been considered as one of the most necessary tests of all time and it will help you know that you had this virus in your body at any point of time in the past or not. However, this antibody test is also performed after a person gets vaccinated to know that the natural immune system of that person is producing antibodies or not. These are some of the most mentionable reasons why each one of us should certainly go for a Covid-19 antibody test. No mountain-sized expense is required to go for this test and the test facilities are currently available in the greater percentage of certified pathology labs in India. Get a corona antibody test done at your nearest pathology lab today and determine the presence of Covid-19 antibodies in your blood.