Skipping breakfast: Mistake you should not make
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Feb 20, 2022
We all have heard or read that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, the statement is absolutely true. Many studies have proven that breakfast or the first meal of the day is the most advantageous, and perhaps the most essential meal of the day. There are so many benefits of breakfast that you cannot miss.
In this fast-moving world, everyone cannot make time to eat a healthy breakfast. Skipping breakfast can affect your health alarmingly. Skipping the first meal of the day can increase your risk of obesity, cardiovascular diseases, thyroid disorders, and diabetes.
6 Advantages of doing breakfast
- Keep your heart fit: Some limited studies have showed, skipping breakfast may cause blockages in the arteries. This can eventually impact your heart greatly. However, skipping breakfast not only affects your heart, it may also contribute to high blood pressure, obesity, and high cholesterol.
- Promotes your metabolism: After waking up in the morning, our body needs a healthy nutrient-dense breakfast to boost your metabolism. This will give you the load of energy to tackle a hectic day.
- Enhance your memory power: It is verified that those who have their breakfast have sharper memory power than those who skipped their meal. This can also help to boost short-term memory and make your brain strong.
- Decrease the chance of diabetes: In accordance with some studies, regularly skipping breakfast can lead you to develop type 2 diabetes as it may cause chronic insulin resistance. When you skip your breakfast, your sugar level decreases and then swiftly increases at lunchtime, which contributes to type 2 diabetes.
- Aids to keep a healthy weight: If you skip your breakfast or the first meal of the day, you are more prone to consume extra calories in the lunchtime. In this way you enter the wheel of overeating, and we all know overeating and not burning those extra calories will make you gain weight.
- Enhance your overall mood: Skipping breakfast lowers your energy level, and hugely impacts your entire mood. Studies show that those who skip breakfast have high fatigue issues.
These are all the benefits of doing proper breakfast, but skipping breakfast has several alarming negative effects on your health. Whether you don't have enough time to make breakfast, there are so many breakfast ideas available on the internet, which will save your time as well.