Simple but effective ways to defend monsoon diseases
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Aug 06, 2022
Monsoon is no doubt such a delightful season, and it also gives us relief from the scorching summer. It is very eye pleasing to watch the rainshower. But, apart from this peaceful scenery, it also brings a bunch of viral infections.
Some of the viral infections are quite mild and some can be lethal. Here are a host of prevention tips on how to protect yourself from getting this infections.
4 Most common viral infections and the prevention tips are:
1. Viral fever: Viral fever is one of the most common infections of this monsoon. This viral fever is usually not very severe, but it can cause serious discomfort of the patient. The important thing about this viral fever is that it is transmissible from person to person. To prevent this take this precautions:
- Make a habit of washing your hands with soap and water
- If you are not in a situation to wash your hands, rub your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Use a mask, cover your mouth and nose in the time of sneezing and coughing
2. Typhoid: Typhoid is basically a water-bourne disease, which is spread through food and water. To prevent this disease, take these measures:
- Practice a good hygiene
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water
- Use a alcohol-based hand sanitizer after sneezing and coughing
- Try to drink boiled water
3. Malaria: Malaria is a mosquito-borne disease which increases in this time of the season. If you are having any symptoms of malaria, take a malaria test to understand whether you are infected with this. Take preventive measures to prevent this:
- If water is being stored in your house, clean them at least two times in a week
- Use a good mosquito repellent cream, whether you are staying in or going outdoors
- Use mosquito nets
4. Dengue: This is also a kind of mosquito-borne disease, this mosquito breeds usually outburst at dawn. If you or your close friend is having dengue symptoms, get a dengue test to determine whether you have had this infection or not. Use the undermentioned tips to prevent this:
- Clean any surrounding stagnant water
- Use mosquito repellent and specified mosquito nets
So, those are the common viral monsoon diseases, and their simple but very effective prevention tips. Don’t forget to take a fever profile test, if you are experiencing viral fever symptoms.