Reasons why high cholesterol must not be ignored
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jun 14, 2023
Although a certain amount of cholesterol is needed in our body, high amounts of cholesterol in the body can be the reason for so many kinds of harmful physical conditions that may keep turning worse with time. However, maintaining a healthy cholesterol level in the body has always been one of the major challenges for so many of us as most of us still don’t know much about cholesterol. Let’s take a glance.
Cholesterol is known as a specific type of lipid, which does not dissolve into the water. Lipoproteins are produced in the human body for the purpose of cholesterol transportation. The two specific types of lipoprotein are known as low density lipoprotein and high density lipoprotein. If a human body contains an amount of Low density lipoprotein that is higher than the normal range, the disorder of high cholesterol takes place, which can increase your risk for heart diseases. This can be considered as the prime reason why one must try to stay away from the chances of excessive increment of cholesterol in the body.
Stroke is also one of the most mentionable life threatening health conditions that can be caused because of high amounts of cholesterol in the body. However, the most concerning matter is cholesterol silently keeps growing in your body and it generates no symptoms at all at the beginning period. There are several reasons why you must not ignore high cholesterol levels in your body, some of them are mentioned below for you.
Risks of ignoring high cholesterol levels in the body
- As mentioned before, high levels of cholesterol in your body increases your risk of heart diseases. As a matter of fact, high cholesterol level has always been considered as one of the major risk factors for heart problems. Extreme levels of blood cholesterol can narrow the arteries of your heart, which causes limited blood flow and blood clot, which can be extremely dangerous for you.
- A brain stroke is life threatening in most of the cases. There are still a huge number of people who do not know that stroke is one of the most common risk factors for a stroke. High amounts of cholesterol in the body can be the reason for narrowed blood flow or restricted blood flow in the brain. As a result of a narrowed or restricted blood flow, a blood clot may take place that may travel to your brain and cause a brain stroke and turn life threatening within a very short span of time.
- High blood cholesterol can also be the reason for peripheral artery disease, which is also known as one of the most dangerous health conditions. Healthy blood circulation in the legs and arms can be hampered because of high cholesterol in the human body, which may cause peripheral artery disease. If you are suffering from peripheral artery disease, you may face infections, tissue death and sores that won’t heal.
- Kidney is one of the most important organs of a human body that plays a major role in removing extra water and wastes from the blood. It is a fact that high levels of cholesterol in the body can also cause harm to your kidneys. High cholesterol in the body may interrupt the flow of blood in your kidneys, which can even be the reason for kidney failure. This is why maintaining standard cholesterol levels in the body is extremely necessary because health conditions like kidney failure are well-reputed for turning serious and cause critical health complexities.
- Last but not the least, high cholesterol levels in the body have the potential to play certain roles in the development of some cancers.
These are all the major risks that are associated with abnormally high levels of cholesterol in a human body. Each and every one of us must try to maintain healthy cholesterol levels in the body to stay away from all these complexions. You can visit a doctor and seek necessary medical attention to decrease the levels of cholesterol in the body or you can also manage your cholesterol levels naturally in the body. Some of the most effective tricks of managing cholesterol levels in the body are mentioned below for you.
How to manage cholesterol levels naturally
- The most effective way to maintain a standard cholesterol level in the body is to get involved in regular physical workout. Stop sitting idle in your comfort zone and continue your physical workout sessions to stay away from the risks of high cholesterol.
- Smoking and drinking are two of the worst lifestyle habits that increase the chances of so many kinds of harmful diseases. Also, these two lifestyle habits can also be the reason for high cholesterol in the body and this can be considered as the prime reason why it is necessary to avoid these unhealthy habits.
- People who are suffering from obesity are at a high risk of developing heart diseases. Get necessary medical guidance as soon as possible if you are suffering from obesity because obesity can also be the reason for many critical health conditions that may turn serious if left untreated for so long.
- There are certain eating habits and diet plans too that can help you maintain a standard level of cholesterol in the body. Avoid the consumption of trans fat and eat a sufficient amount of soluble fiber.
Try all these tricks and you can effectively maintain a standard level of cholesterol in the body. However, it is also extremely important to keep monitoring your cholesterol levels to know if you are already at risk or not because as mentioned before, cholesterol may silently increase in your body without generating a single symptom. Fortunately, so many genuine and reliable diagnostic centres these days are providing the facilities of a lipid profile test for a very reasonable price.
As a matter of fact, an hdl cholesterol - direct test online can help you get your cholesterol levels diagnosed with complete accuracy. It is also possible these days to get the lipid profile test facilities at home as many reputed diagnostic centres have enabled the benefits of home sample collection. Get your cholesterol levels tested today and seek medical attention immediately if your cholesterol levels are higher than usual.