Proven tips to improve your sleep quality
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jan 15, 2022
Lack of sleep is the most common problem of the young generations. A high quality sleep is crucial for you after a busy day. As a consequence of our workload and stressful life, somehow the most neglected thing happened to be our quality sleep.
All the adults are not getting the sufficient amount of sleep that their body needs. As a result, lack of sleep may contribute to many health consequences including obesity, heart diseases and also type 2 diabetes. In addition, this can affect your mental state and moods as well. Hence, this is important to have a good quality sleep, here are some healthy and effective ways to improve your sleep quality.
Follow these 5 tips to improve your sleep quality
- Stick to a sleep pattern: An adult requires 7 to 8 hours of sleep each day to fulfill their body’s requirement. Try to make a habit to sleep early at night. We often make this mistake of sleeping more than usual on the weekends, which is not necessary. Try to stick to a particular sleeping cycle. If you are struggling to fall asleep, you can try to listen to some soft music or you can just read a book that may help you to get to sleep.
- Focus on what you are consuming: You must not go to bed right after taking a meal, take at least 10 minutes of proper walk before going to bed. Also, an empty stomach can disrupt your quality of sleep. You need to cut off nicotine, caffeine and alcohol as well for a good sleep. Because of the stimulating effects of nicotine and caffeine intake may affect the quality of sleep.
- Make a peaceful environment for your sleep: keep your bedroom quiet and dark, which makes the environment restful to fall asleep. It might be difficult to fall asleep in bright lighting. Also, you need to limit exposure to blue screen light right before going to bed.
- Limit irregular naps in daytime: Your night time sleep may get affected by your long daytime naps. Hence it is important to measure yourself from taking long unnecessary sleep during the day.
- Start doing physical activities: Doing physical activities is also an essential way to get a better quality and uninterrupted sleep. Regular exercise helps to promote better sleep. Also, keep in mind that you should not do heavy exercises too close to the bedtime, this action will make you so energized to fall asleep.
Apart from all the above tips, the important thing is you need to relax after a hectic day. A hot shower can be very helpful to give relaxation to your body, also this promotes good sleep. Following all these tips will assuredly help you to get a good quality sleep. However, if you are still experiencing sleepless nights more than a few weeks then it is time to consult with a doctor as soon as possible.