Potential causes of sore throat and their treatment
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jan 13, 2021
Sore throat can easily be considered as one of the most common physical complexions. According to the doctors, toxins, irritants or viral infections can be the reasons behind sore throat. Although it has cure but still it may also turn serious if left untreated for so long and this is why it must be treated at the initial stage.
Sometimes, tonsils may turn red in case of sore throat. In most of the cases, sore throat comes with runny nose, fever, sneezing and many other additional physical complexions. There are certain environmental factors that can also be considered as one of the major reasons behind sore throat such as dusty air. Some more possible causes of sore throat are mentioned below for you.
7 Probable reasons behind sore throat
- Measles, mumps, influenza, chickenpox etc are some of the most common types of viruses that may cause sore throat. Loss of smell and taste are also known as a major symptom of sore throat.
- Bacterial infections are known for affecting the tonsil and being the reason for sore throat. Fever and massive pain when swallowing food are two of the most common symptoms of it.
- Extreme dry air sucks the moisture out of your throat, which may passively cause sore throat. Staying hydrated is the most effective way to stay away from it.
- Dust or pollen allergy is another mentionable reason behind sore throat. If you are allergic, your immune system will start to abnormally respond when you get in touch with those certain things like coughing, watering eyes or sore throat.
- Any old or current injury in the neck or throat can also be the reason for sore throat. Apart from that, any piece of food may also cause sore throat if stuck abnormally.
- There are so many environmental irritants and chemicals that can also cause sore throat if somehow consumed internally. Smoke, tobacco and certain types of gases are well known for causing sore throat.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease is one of the most lesser known reasons behind sore throat. This is a certain chronic condition that makes the acid of your stomach back to the tube that carries the food inside the stomach. It may cause both cough and sore throat.
Physical complexions like sore throat should never be ignored as that may also turn serious. Get in touch with a genuine medical expert or a health checkup centre today to fetch more necessary information in this regard.