Polycystic Ovary Syndrome : Symptoms, causes and Treatment
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Aug 19, 2019
As a matter of fact, the name of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome has always been one of the most unknown names for a large number of people. According to the doctors, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a specific kind of condition that massively affects the hormonal levels of women. That is the reason why a checkup and detection of it is a must for every woman. In brief, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is merely known as a hormonal disorder that affects women during their childbearing period. Irregular or skipped period and high levels of male hormones are two of the prime features of this specific kind of disorder.
Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome are known for producing higher than normal amounts of male hormones. It passively causes hormone imbalance that can be hugely harmful at some points. It can even make women miss their menstrual periods, which can passively be the reason of infertility also.
Excess of this hormone may also cause so many kinds of disorders. For example, it may cause hair growth on face and body of a woman. Apart from that, it can passively increase the risks of several kinds of heart diseases and some types of diabetes in women. In a very recent research, almost 70% of women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome have been detected. Some of the most general causes of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome are briefly evaluated below for you.
Causes of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
There are no such absolute cause of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Still the causes that are suspected by the certified doctors are,
- It has been noticed that women who are having Polycystic Ovary Syndrome have aggressive level of inflammation in their body. So this can be considered as a cause of this disorder.
- 70 percent of women who have Insulin resistance can have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
- Apart from all the general causes, it has also been seen that such disorders are genetic. In other words, if any woman is having a family history of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, then it is natural for her to get affected.
Most of the time, disorders turn serious as they do not get detected at the first stage. That can easily be considered as one of the prime reasons why knowing the major symptoms is also necessary. Some of the major symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome are briefly evaluated below for you.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Irregular Periods: This can easily be considered as one of the major symptoms. Huge crisis of ovulation may prevent the uterine lining from shedding.
- Huge and Frequent Bleeding: This is another main symptom. Usually, periods for the women having Polycystic Ovary Syndrome turn heavier than normal.
- Hair Growth: If aggressive growth of hair can be seen in the face and front and back portion of the body, then it can be considered as a symptom of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
- Weight Gain: Sudden increment of weight or having chances of Obesity can also appear because of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
- Baldness: Hair starts to fall heavily and turn thinner if a woman is having Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
Apart from all these, hugely oily skin and visible dark patches of skin are also considered as two more prime symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A brief about the treatment of this disorder is briefly evaluated below for you.
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Metformin: Metformin is one kind of drugs that is merely used to treat Type 2 Diabetes. According to the doctors, it can improve insulin levels that can passively prevent Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
- Birth Control: Regular consumption of Estrogen and Progestin can help to balance and normalize the hormonal level. It can also help to fight Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
- Surgery: This can undoubtedly considered as the last options if no other options work. Ovarian Drilling is one of those procedure that can help to recover this disorder.
There are still a gigantic number of women who are suffering from such disgraceful disorders. That can easily be considered as the prime reason why a health checkup can be beneficial. Go for a PCOD Profile Test today to find a cure for your disorder or to fetch more necessary information in this regard.