Plant based food items to increase iron levels in body
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on May 14, 2022
Iron is one of the most essential micronutrients that is mandatorily needed for growth and development of hormones, brains and cells. As per information fetched and verified, the deficiency of iron can be the reason for anemia and so many other kinds of physical complexions that may turn very serious if not detected or treated on time in a proper manner.
As a matter of fact, iron supplements are being globally used these days for all those who are suffering from iron deficiency. However, still the natural sources of iron are being considered as a better option and are being suggested by so many certified doctors all over the globe. Some of the most mentionable plant based iron sources are named below for you.
5 plant based food items to boost iron levels
- Dark leafy vegetables are one of the most mentionable iron sources and can also help to increase the levels of hemoglobin.
- Beans are also considered as one of the richest sources of iron.
- Lentics are known as a great source of prebiotics and can also help to increase the levels of iron in the body.
- The name of whole grains come first in the list of natural iron sources as whole grains are known as an amazing source of several types of antioxidants, fiber as well as iron.
- Potatoes are also known as one of the most amazing sources of iron.
- Nuts and seeds like almonds, peanuts, walnuts etc are great sources of iron and medical experts also recommend to have these in a moderate amount.
Apart from plant based foods, seafoods are also known as some amazing sources iron that can help you boost the iron levels in your body. To be mentioned once again, iron deficiency can be the reason for critical physical complexions and this is the prime reason why keeping the iron levels normal in the body is hugely important.