PCOD profile tests : Symptoms, side effects and treatments
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Mar 21, 2021
As per the doctors, PCOD is one of the most common women diseases of all time. A large percentage of women commonly face this disease. However, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome should never be handled casually as it may give birth to uncountable painful complexions. Women between the age of 15-44 are at a higher risk of facing this disease with a symptom of having trouble in conceiving. This disease is known for leading towards coronary artery diseases, diabetes, mellitus etc.
Having sound knowledge about the symptoms of it is very necessary as it can help to determine the presence of it at the initial stage. Another important thing to keep in mind is, everybody may not face the same symptoms and this is another reason why seeking medical attention immediately is hugely necessary. Some of the most mentionable symptoms of PCOS are mentioned below for you.
Mentionable symptoms of PCOD
- Frequent mood swings
- Weight Gain
- Excessive hair growth on face, buttok and chest
- Inappropriate ovulation of ovarian eggs
- Constant loss of hair and thinning of hair
- Heavy or irregular menstrual periods
- Oily skin on face and body
- Decreased sleeping quality or sleeping disorders
- Erectile dysfunction
- Increasing skin patches
Apart from all these, sudden weight gain is also another mentionable symptom of PCOD. To be mentioned once again, you must seek medical attention as soon as possible if you notice any of these symptoms growing in you.
Among many side effects of this disgraceful disorder, some of the most important side effects should be mentioned that you must be careful about. Diabetes, metabolic disorders etc may appear as the side effect of PCOD. Apart from that, cardiovascular diseases are also known for occurring in some severe cases of PCOD.
Tests required for PCOD
- Luteinising Hormone Test: Luteinising hormone affects sexual organs during sexual development in both men and women. Determining the exact amount of Luteinising hormone is the prime objective of this test.
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone Test: This hormone plays a key role in the development and functionalities of the reproductive system of our body. This test helps to measure the exact amount of Follicle stimulating hormone in the body.
- Serum prolactin test: This hormone is generated from the pituitary gland. Normal level of the hormone signifies the presence of a fully functional reproductive system. Measuring the exact level of prolactin in the blood is the prime objective of this test.
Apart from these three, a total testosterone test is also run to run the levels of testosterone levels in the blood as this is also very necessary. To get proper medical guidance in this regard, you better buy a PCOS test package and fetch all the necessary information in this regard.