Natural ways to lower cholesterol levels
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Dec 31, 2019
Cholesterol is an element of our body that is produced in liver. The prime function of cholesterol is to keep the walls of our cells flexible. Besides, cholesterol is needed to make several kinds of hormones. However, aggressively increasing amount of cholesterol may cause several types of physical complexions that can even make you fall sick.
Cholesterol is also known for being the reason behind clogged arteries, strokes, heart attacks. This is the prime reason why lowering cholesterol levels is a must for all those who are having increasing cholesterol levels. However, following a proper diet to lower cholesterol levels is far better than continuing any type of medication as medication may have certain types of negative impacts too. Some natural ways to decrease cholesterol levels are briefly evaluated below for you.
10 natural ways to decrease cholesterol levels naturally
- Focusing on monounsaturated fats is a prime trick to naturally decrease cholesterol levels. Olive oil, canola oil, avocados, tree nuts etc are some of the major sources of monounsaturated fat.
- Polyunsaturated fats are also health-friendly and can help to lower cholesterol levels and also reduce the risk of diabetes. Omega 3 fats are such type of polyunsaturated fat that has positive impacts on heart function too.
- Avoiding trans fats is a must. Trans fats are hugely harmful for the people with increasing cholesterol levels.
- Eating soluble fiber is a must as it plays an important role to remove cholesterol from the body. Beans, peas, whole grains, oats are some of the major sources of soluble fiber.
- Exercise is one of the most effective ways to reduce cholesterol levels naturally. According to the doctors, regular exercise also promotes heart health.
- Weight loss is a major way to decrease cholesterol level and it also helps to reduce the production of new cholesterol inside the liver.
- Smoking can play a key role to increase bad lipoproteins and decrease good HDL. It also hinders the body’s ability to send cholesterol back to the liver.
- Consuming a limited amount of alcohol per day can improve HDL cholesterol and also decrease the risks of clogged arteries.
- Plant stanols and sterols in vegetable oil can reduce LDL up to 5% that is also necessary to lower cholesterol levels.
- Supplements like fish oil, psyllium, coenzyme Q10 can effectively reduce the total cholesterol levels.
It is not challenging anymore to reduce cholesterol levels naturally. However, you must stay aware of the cholesterol levels in your body to get treatments before the situation turns worse. You may consult any genuine and reliable pathology lab to go for a lipid profile test or to fetch more necessary information in this regard.
Disclaimer: This article and everything mentioned in it is mainly for general information purposes only and not to be considered as professional medical advise under any circumstances. Always consult a certified doctor before making changes in your diet, lifestyle habit or starting any medication for yourself.