Mentionable symptoms of iron deficiency
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on May 18, 2020
Iron deficiency can certainly be considered as one of the most disgraceful disorders of all time. Decreasing amounts of iron can give birth to the disorder named iron deficiency which is also a passive reason behind Anemia. It is known to the greater percentage of certified doctors now that iron deficiency can turn fatal if not detected or treated at the beginning stage.
Most of the time, it becomes harder for all of us to detect any disease or disorder in the beginning stage as all of us are not aware of the signs and symptoms. This is why having knowledge about the signs and symptoms of iron deficiency is also necessary to determine its presence at the initial stage and consult the specialists for an iron deficiency test. Some of the major signs and symptoms of iron deficiency are briefly mentioned below for you.
10 signs and symptoms of iron deficiency
- Feeling tired unusually is one of the most common symptoms of iron deficiency as iron deficiency decreases red blood cell count that helps oxygen to reach several body parts.
- Paleness is another mentionable symptom of iron deficiency. A person with iron deficiency can have pale skin in so many sections of the body.
- Shortness of breath is also a major symptom of iron deficiency. Oxygen fails to reach every part of the body due to low hemoglobin levels, which causes shortness of breath.
- Lack of iron causes reduction of oxygen supply in our brain also. This is the reason why dizziness and headache are also known as two major symptoms of iron deficiency.
- Iron deficiency makes the heart work extra hard that may also cause heart failure. This is why heart palpitations are also considered as a major reason behind iron deficiency.
- Damage of skin and hair can be experienced if a person is having iron deficiency as skin and hair receive less amount of oxygen from the blood when the amount of iron decreases.
- Constant or frequent soreness or swelling of mouth and tongue is another major symptom of iron deficiency. It also symbolizes the presence of Anemia.
- People experiencing restless leg syndrome have a higher chance of having iron deficiency Anemia.
- Spoon-shaped or brittle shaped nails is also considered as a major indicator of the presence of iron deficiency Anemia.
- Cold hands and feet and the feeling of anxiety is also considered as a symptom of Anemia in some specific cases.
Apart from all these, frequently occurring infections can also be a symptom of iron deficiency. If you are facing any of these symptoms, then you must get in touch with a reliable doctor or certified pathologists to stay away from the risk factors.