Mentionable signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Dec 31, 2019
Hypothyroidism can easily be considered as one of the most disgraceful disorders. Our thyroid gland releases thyroid hormone that controls the growth and metabolism of most of the parts of our body. Abnormal thyroid function is the prime reason behind hypothyroidism. Research says, women generally have more chances to have thyroid disorders than men. This is the prime reason why taking precautionary measures is also necessary.
Sometimes the TSH level increases, but the thyroid gland fails to release enough thyroid hormone in response that passively causes primary hypothyroidism. On the other hand, when the TSH levels decrease and the thyroid gland does not receive any signal to increase the hormone levels, which is the reason behind secondary hypothyroidism. Some of the common signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism are briefly evaluated below for you.
10 primary symptoms of hypothyroidism
- Thyroid hormone controls the energy level of our body. That is why feeling tired is a major symptom of hypothyroidism.
- Hypothyroidism provokes our body to have more food or bigger meals and store calories instead of burning. This is why sudden increment of weight is a major symptom of hypothyroidism.
- Feeling cold is another symptom of hypothyroidism as less amount of thyroid hormones slows down general heat production of human body
- Massive ache and weakness in muscle and joint is a symptom of hypothyroidism as low levels of thyroid hormone can slow down metabolism that causes muscle breakdown.
- Hair loss is another prime symptom of hypothyroidism as low thyroid hormone affects hair follicles.
- Itchy and dry skin is another common cause of hypothyroidism as hypothyroidism generally causes dry skin.
- Hypothyroidism may also cause depression and anxiety and this is why these two are also considered as two common symptoms of hypothyroidism.
- Trouble in concentrating or remembering is also a major symptom of hypothyroidism as hypothyroidism causes mental fogginess.
- Sometimes, constipation may also be considered as a minor symptom of hypothyroidism.
- Irregular or heavy periods in women is also one of the major symptoms of hypothyroidism.
Hypothyroidism can also be cured if detected or treated on time in a proper manner. There lies the importance of a checkup. A thyroid function test can keep you away from so many potential risks. So many people have already shown their keenness to go for a thyroid test and get their physical issue detected by the professional pathologists. Get in touch with a genuine and reliable pathology lab to go for a thyroid profile test or to fetch more necessary information in this regard.