Medical tests every smoker needs
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Oct 31, 2019
Most of the people now a day smoke to fight stress or any other mental pain. However, the habit of smoking can even be dangerous for each and every individual. According to the opinions of most of the certified doctors, smoking may cause so many kinds of fatal diseases. Diseases caused because of smoking have already claimed so many innocent lives all over the globe.
However, most of the people fail to quit smoking even after knowing all the negative impacts of it. As a matter of fact, cigarettes are highly addictive. Besides, once a person continues smoking for a long span of time, it turns into a habit and then it becomes highly impossible to quit smoking. This can easily be considered as one of the key reasons why most of the doctors always suggest to stay away from smoking.
However, you will never know about the damages that your body has already caught because of smoking without a test. You may seem or feel fit, but you may have any hidden physical issue that can even turn incurable after a certain point of time. This is the reason why smokers never skip any date of medical checkup. Some of the prime medical tests that every smoker needs are briefly evaluated below.
6 Medical tests that are necessary for smokers
- Spirometry: This is one of the most important tests for smokers. Spirometry is a specific kind of breathing test which should be done along with a chest X-ray. This test is generally done to measure the lung functionalities.
- Chest X ray: This test is a must for every smoker. A chest X ray can help the pathologists measure the exact amount of nicotine and tar that your lung has consumed so far. Besides, it also helps to gain information about the health of heart.
- CT Scan: CT scan helps to detect massive issues like lung cancer. Mostly, chain smokers should never miss a date of CT scan.
- Electrocardiogram: People who smoke a lot, may have several kinds of heart issues. Electrocardiogram may help professionals detect any complexions in a smoker’s heart.
- Diabetes Screenings: Smokers generally have a high risk of having type 2 diabetes. This is the reason why a diabetes test is also a must. Besides, this test may also help to measure the blood glucose levels within a very short span of time.
- Vitamin D Blood test: If your age is above 50 and you are a smoker, then you must go for this test. As a matter of fact, most of the smokers generally have a low amount of Vitamin D in blood. A test may help to measure the exact amount.
However, getting the best test facilities used to be one of the biggest challenges. Fortunately, you don’t need to get worried anymore as some genuine and reliable pathology labs have already stepped in. They are currently selling many health checkup packages for the most reasonable cost. Get in touch with them to know more.