Liver Problems : Symptoms and Causes
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Mar 02, 2020
Liver problems should never be handled casually as some specific liver problems are also well known for turning fatal. There are several types of liver diseases that have already claimed a gigantic number of lives. This is the prime reason why the largest percentage of certified doctors always suggest to go for a liver function test at least once a month.
Most of the liver problems get the opportunity to turn serious as it is difficult to detect them at the beginning stage. As a matter of fact, it is not possible for any of us to stay alert of the symptoms of liver diseases in today’s busy life schedule. However, staying alert of the symptoms is hugely necessary as that can help somebody stay away from harmful liver diseases. Some of the major symptoms of liver diseases are briefly described below for you.
Symptoms of liver diseases
- Yellowish skin and eyes
- Itchy skin
- Dark coloured urine
- Chronic fatigue
- Pale coloured stool
- Swelling in ankles and legs
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of Appetite
- Nausea and Vomiting
Apart from all these, bruising tendencies are also considered as one of the major symptoms of liver diseases. Some of the most common causes of liver diseases are mentioned below for you.
Causes of Liver diseases
- Infection: Some specific kinds of infections caused by viruses and parasites can be the reason for liver diseases. The most common liver infections are caused by Hepatitis viruses like Hepatitis A, B and C.
- Abnormal Immunity System: Any immunity disorder can be hugely harmful for Liver. For example, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Primary Biliary Cholangitis and Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis are some of the most common autoimmune liver diseases.
- Genetics: Some of the liver diseases are genetic. Hemochromatosis, Wilson’s disease etc are some of the most mentionable genetic liver diseases.
- Cancer: This can be considered as the most disgraceful one. Liver Adenoma, Bile Duct cancer etc are some of the common types of cancer that may affect the liver.
Besides, alcohol abuse, fat accumulation and some kinds of herbal compounds can also be massively harmful for the liver. This is the key reason why staying alert of the symptoms and causes of liver diseases is highly necessary. You may seem fit, but you will never know that any deadly liver disease is slowly growing inside you or not. You may get in touch with a genuine and reliable pathology lab today to fetch more necessary information in this regard.