Lesser known facts about Covid-19 antibody test
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jun 26, 2020
Covid-19 is now globally known as a fatal disease that is caused by the coronavirus. It is known to all that it has already taken the shape of a pandemic. In such a concerning situation, Covid antibody test has played a key role in helping to defeat the virus.
Book Covid Antibody Test
Covid antibody test is not only beneficial for you. It can also let you help another person in defeating Covid-19 completely. As no antidotes have been invented yet that can play a major role to defeat this virus, this is being considered globally as one of the most trustworthy ways to fight this fatal disease. However this test is totally different from the diagnostic tests. Some of the lesser known facts about Covid-19 antibody test are mentioned below for you.
Facts about Covid-19 antibody test
- Antibody tests are to determine who has been infected by Covid-19 in any past moment. It does not mean or indicate the current presence of the virus in the body.
- It takes 1-3 weeks to develop antibodies after getting infected, a test before that time period may show incorrect results.
- An antibody test is also useful to determine if you are eligible to donate plasma, which can help another patient get a plasma therapy.
- Patients who receive a positive result in this test, but having zero number of symptoms of Covid-19 or have never been in touch with an infected may get back to their regular lifestyle.
- A positive antibody test result does not mean that there remains no chances of the comeback of the virus or the person is completely immune.
Knowingly, there are two types of antibodies that are detected through this test named IgM and IgG. IgM antibodies get generated quickly and IgG takes a certain amount of time to show up. Nowadays, the greater percentage of the medical experts are suggesting to go for a