Indian keto plan - What food you should eat and avoid
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Dec 27, 2022
The keto diet or ketogenic diet is one of the most known and trustworthy diets, which has helped thousands of people to shed some pounds. This diet works by including an extreme decrease of carbohydrate consumption and giving it as a replacement for fat.
With this diet as the body is not getting enough carbs, our body gets into a metabolic state which is called ketosis and starts to burn the body's stored fat for fuel. Also, the body can turn the liver fat into ketone to supply fuel to the brain. Our body may take 3 to 4 days to step into the ketosis state.
If you are looking for an indian keto diet plan, then look no further. Here is the detailed information about what foods you should eat and what foods you should avoid.
Foods you should eat:
- Eggs: Eggs are the best option to make you feel fuller for a longer time. And one large egg only contains 1 gram of carbohydrate and 6 grams of protein which makes it perfect to add in your ket diet.
- Meat: Meat is the staple food in the keto diet, containing high quality protein, b vitamins, and has no carbohydrate. Always prefer grass-fed animal meat over grain-fed animal meat.
- Seafood: Seafoods are highly rich in potassium, B vitamins and selenium, but have very minimal amounts of carbs. You can choose low carb seafood and add them to your keto diet.
- Cheese: Cheeses not only taste amazing, they also have many nutritional values. Cheese is a great option to add to your keto diet as it is high in fat and low in carbs.
- Non-starchy vegetables: You can find several non-starchy vegetables which are high in minerals and antioxidants but low in carbs. Such vegetables are cauliflowers, lettuce, broccoli and mushrooms.
Foods you should avoid:
- Starchy vegetables
- Sugar added juice
- Sweetened yogurt
Those are all the foods you should eat and avoid in the indian keto diet. Just make sure to choose food which contains no to very low carbohydrates in it. Also, you can can several keto-friendly recipes online as well.