Important things to know about Gestational diabetes
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Aug 20, 2020
This is a known fact that diabetes is one of the most harmful diseases of all time since the beginning. As a matter of fact, diabetes may also turn serious very quickly if not detected or treated at the beginning stage. That is the prime reason why one must seek medical attention immediately and go for a diabetes test if any of the symptoms of diabetes are noticed as diabetes may even turn incurable.
Gestational diabetes is well known for occurring in pregnant women generally. It starts to occur in case a woman is having high glucose levels during the period of pregnancy. According to the doctors, this specific kind of diabetes also occurs because of certain hormonal changes in the body during the time of pregnancy. However, there are so many things that you must know about gestational diabetes. Some of them are mentioned below for you.
6 important things to know about Gestational diabetes
- The placenta creates a type of hormone, which may lead to the creation of glucose in the blood. If the pancreas fails to handle this situation by creating sufficient amount of insulin, then the blood sugar may rise and be the reason for gestational diabetes.
- Obesity, Polycystic ovary syndrome, Previous delivery of any child with more weight than normal are some of the major risk factors of this type of diabetes. Besides, a previous history of this diabetes of siblings or any family members can also be considered as a risk factor.
- Generally, it is known for occurring at the second half of pregnancy, which means between the 24th and 28th weeks of the pregnancy. However, doctors may go for a test if any of the risk factors are present. Tests like HbA1c Levels, Glucose tolerance and glucose challenge test can be run.
- Ifa pregnant woman with this type of diabetes are not given proper care, then it may lead her to put huge risk on the baby. Knowingly, There are so many harmful effects of it on the fetus. It may increase the risk for respiratory diseases as well as jaundice and low blood glucose after birth.
- Irregular monitoring may be hugely harmful for the mother. It may make her face the need of a cesarean birth including the risk of preeclampsia and type 2 diabetes also.
- As a matter of fact, gestational diabetes can not be prevented with guarantee. However, eating healthy food that are rich in fibre and regular exercise can help one stay away from the chances of this disease.
There are several more things to know about this kind of diabetes. Get in touch with a reliable doctor to know about a thyrocare diabetes package and a diabetic profile test price.