Hyperglycemia : Know about the major signs and symptoms
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jun 06, 2023
High blood sugar can most certainly be the reason for so many kinds of health complexities that can make you face many critical physical issues. The prime source of sugar is the carbohydrates that come from the foods we eat and it is carried by the blood in all the cells for the purpose of using it for energy. As a matter of fact, constant rise in blood sugar can even limit your life span and this is the reason why it is necessary to maintain a healthy blood sugar level in the body.
As mentioned before, hyperglycemia can be extremely dangerous for you. If you leave hyperglycemia untreated for so long, it can cause harm to your nerves, tissues as well as blood vessels and organs. It is a fact that lack of insulin in the body is considered as one of the major causes behind hyperglycemia and this is why insulin levels should be monitored always through an insulin test. Hyperglycemia comes with a certain number of signs and symptoms that you must know about, so that you can take medical actions at the initial stage and stay away from the chances of bigger physical problems caused by hyperglycemia or high blood sugar. Take a glance at some of the most mentionable signs and symptoms of high blood sugar.
Major signs and symptoms of hyperglycemia
- Extreme fatigue can be a sign of hyperglycemia, however, it can also be a sign of low blood sugar levels.
- If you are experiencing blurred vision, then there remains a chance that it’s a sign of hyperglycemia.
- Headache is known as one of the most common signs of hyperglycemia.
- If you are suffering from hyperglycemia, then you may also experience frequent urination.
- You may also experience abnormally increased thirst if you are suffering from hyperglycemia.
- Increased appetite is also known as one of the most mentionable symptoms of hyperglycemia.
- Although dry mouth is a sign of high blood sugar, it can also be a symptom of dehydration or kidney issues.
- In case you have extreme high blood sugar levels, you may also experience shortness of breath.
- People who are suffering from high glucose levels are often found suffering from gastrointestinal problems or abdominal pain.
- Your cuts and injuries won’t heal as fast as it should if your blood glucose levels are higher than usual because high glucose levels may cause a condition named neuropathy that causes nerve damage which also impacts the blood circulation. This is why the body fails to send enough healing minerals at the spot of injury.
- High blood sugar levels may badly impact your immune system and you may also experience a very frequent recurrence of diseases and infections.
- High blood sugar levels can be the reason for dry and itchy skin, which can be the reason for symptoms like dry and itchy skin.
Apart from all these, high fever, stroke and heart diseases can also be a warning sign of extreme high glucose levels in the body. Fortunately, now it’s easier to get the presence of diseases like diabetes which can be caused by high blood glucose levels through a diabetes profile test. There are so many reliable health checkup centres like Thyrocare who are providing such test facilities for a very reasonable price. Consult them today to know more.