Hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus : uses, precautions and side effects
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jun 03, 2020
A brief of Hydroxychloroquine
Hydroxychloroquine is still being studied as a certain percentage of researchers have noticed its probability to be a possible cure for Covid-19. However, this medicine has still not been prescribed by any doctor or medical specialist and is not recommended to be consumed internally. It comes in the form of tablets prepared for oral intake. However, it must be kept somewhere away from children as it can be fatal for children if it is accidentally intaken.
Prime uses of Hydroxychloroquine
- Hydroxychloroquine is used to cure certain kinds of skin problems.
- Can also be used for medical purposes because of its anti-malarial elements.
- It is also used to treat certain types of auto-immune diseases.
Precautions before consuming Hydroxychloroquine
- If you have already consumed any other kind of drug, then you must consume Hydroxychloroquine before or after 4 years or it may cause intolerable physical complexions.
- Inform your doctor pro-actively if you are allergic to Hydroxychloroquine
- In case you are pregnant or continuing breastfeeding, inform your doctor.
- You must go for oral intake of Hydroxychloroquine 4 hours before or after consuming antacids
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have experienced vision issues while already on medication.
- Analyze the drug and every other supplement before consuming when you are already under medication.
Side effects of Hydroxychloroquine
- Loss of appetite
- Headache or dizziness after consumption
- Skin redness and rashes
- Frequent vomiting and stomach pain
- Minimal diarrhea
As a matter of fact, Hydroxychloroquine can be dangerous if used without the guidance or recommendations of the medical experts. To be mentioned again, it is still not being known as a certain cure for covid-19 and is not being prescribed to treat Covid-19 by any doctor. Knowingly, Hydroxychloroquine can even be the reason for serious eye and heart damage and this is why you must always ask your doctor before using it for any purposes.