How to prevent the spread of respiratory infections?
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Nov 09, 2020
There are so many kinds of respiratory infections that may turn very serious within a short span of time. The newly occurring coronavirus also spreads through respiratory droplets and may turn fatal. As a matter of fact, headache, fever, cough etc are some of the major symptoms of respiratory infections.
How do respiratory infections spread?
- When the respiratory droplets released from the eyes or nose of an infected person enters another person’s body.
- When a person touches any objects or surface that contains the droplets released from the eyes or nose of an infected person.
- Direct physical contact with any infected person or a person carrying the droplets released from the mouth or nose of an infected person.
So many kinds of respiratory infections have already taken place and have already made a huge number of people fall sick. Covid-19 is also one of those respiratory infections that spreads through droplets and has already claimed an uncountable number of innocent lives all over the globe. This is the prime reason why taking precautionary measures against respiratory infections is necessary. Some of the preventive measures that can be taken to avoid respiratory infections are mentioned below for you.
How to prevent respiratory infections?
- Wash your hands in a proper manner every time you come back home from the outside.
- Sanitize your hand every time you touch any object or surface. If possible, carry sanitizers with you while roaming outside.
- Try not to touch any object or surface that are frequently touched.
- Never stand too close with any random person while interacting.
- Always use a mask while roaming outside. This is mandatory to stay away from respiratory infections.
Apart from that, staying hydrated and eating clean and filtered water is also very necessary. Besides, always wash vegetables with hot water before consuming as this is also necessary to avoid respiratory infections. You may also get in touch with a certified doctor today to fetch more necessary information in this regard.