How to effectively disinfect groceries during Covid-19?
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Apr 08, 2020
The name of Covid-19 is now known to every country in the world. This disgraceful viral disease has already taken an uncountable number of innocent lives all over the globe. This disease gets transmitted very quickly and this is the prime reason why staying aware of the precautionary measures is necessary. You may unknowingly get in touch with this virus anytime. For example, when you step out of your home to collect groceries, you may accidentally touch any object or surface that may contain any droplets released from the body of an infected person.
Book Covid Test
Disinfecting groceries is undoubtedly one of those precautionary measures that must be taken as this disease can even spread through food and beverages also. However, there are still a large number of people who are not aware of the necessities of disinfecting groceries, which can truly be dangerous for them and their loved ones. Whenever you buy groceries, you keep them in plastic bags or it comes to your home in boxes when you order groceries. As a matter of fact, even those bags and boxes have a chance of containing the virus.
Fortunately, there are certain ways to disinfect groceries that are necessary to keep you and your loved ones away from the risk factors. Some of them are briefly mentioned below for you.
Simple steps to keep Coronavirus out of your home
- Bring the product out of the box or bags and responsibly put the package in the dustbin. Better let somebody do it who’s having clean hands.
- Wash your bags when you come back from the grocery stores. It can help you stay away from the viruses.
- Soak the vegetables in the water for a certain span of time with potassium permanganate as it can effectively disinfect the groceries.
- Always clean your phone cover with any type of alcohol based solution when you return home.
- Try to stay away from hard cash as it changes so many hands. Try online transactions as much as possible.
Apart from all these, if your food is present in any kind of container, wash it with soap in a proper manner. Besides, always try your best to stay away from direct physical contact with people to avoid the chances of this disgraceful disease. Yet if you ever feel any symptoms of Covid-19, then you should certainly make a wise decision of going for a covid test quickly.
Book Covid Test