How smoking affects your lungs?
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Sep 23, 2020
It is known to all that smoking causes great harm to our body and this can be considered as the prime reason why the greater percentage of certified doctors always suggest to stay away from smoking. As a matter of fact, smoking is well known for causing great harm to our heart also, which may lead one towards a heart attack. Apart from that, smoking is also known for playing a key role in increasing the blood pressure which can also be the reason for hypertension.
However, smoking causes the biggest harm to our lungs. Smoking causes several kinds of chronic inflammation. This can easily be considered as one of the major reasons why each and every person who desires to maintain a standard lung health are always recommended to stay away from smoking. Some of the most negative impacts of smoking on our lungs are mentioned below for you.
5 most harmful effects of smoking on our lungs
- It has always been a known fact that smoking is the prime reason behind lung cancer.
- Smoking may also lead to several other kinds of respiratory cancers.
- Smoking causes great harm to the air sacs of our lungs.
- Smoking causes cough, shortness of breath and difficulty in breathing.
- Smoking weakens our lungs and after a certain age, it causes ‘smoker’s cough.
All these are the prime reasons why one must make a wise decision of staying away from all kinds of smoking. From teenagers to aged people, smoking can be hugely harmful for anybody. As a matter of fact, passive intake of the smoke of cigarettes can also be hugely harmful for your loved ones, which is another strong reason why you should quit smoking. Get in touch with a medical expert to fetch more necessary information in this regard. It is never too late to quit smoking.