How frequently should you get a full body checkup?
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Aug 10, 2022
Nowadays people often make mistakes by ignoring their health for work. Generally, we all neglect any small health issues, which should not be done. Every health issue can create a big mess in your life. Which is why, it is important that we should do something to make our health the first priority.
People under the age of 35 may not be required to take a routine full body checkup every year, but people who are age 50 and up should have this checkup once in a year. This package will help you in preventing every deadly disease.
A full body health checkup is a package that includes a group of different types of tests that will help in detecting disease, monitoring an existing disease, and also assess whether you are at a potential risk of developing a life-threatening disease. Here is some more detailed information regarding full body health checkup is clarified below.
What are the noteworthy benefits of getting a full body checkup?
Some words cannot portray the importance of having a health checkup regularly. Certain major benefits are:
- Detecting minor to severe disease: Prevention is always better than cure, this goes extremely well in this regard. Getting your check up regularly will help you detect any minor to severe health disorders.
- Saves your life: Getting your body checked up regularly helps in detecting the disease, before it turns into a ugle face.
- Saves your time: If the disease is being detected at the very stage of their span, the appropriate treatment of the disease will also start immediately with the guidance of your doctor. Treating a disease at its severe stage will consume a lot of your time than treating the disease at its minor stage.
- Saves your cash: If the disease gets detected at the early phase, the treatment will also begin immediately. Besides, if the disorder takes the ugly side, then you might be required to be hospitalized. Therefore, hospitalization will always cost you more than minute treatments.
- Improves the quality of your life: Health checkup once in a year will give you every detailed information about your body. It will also help you in determining whether you are at a high risk of getting a life-threatening disease. With the proper guidance of your doctor you can improve your condition. Basically, if you are well known of your body then it is unlikely to develop any serious diseases.
How regularly should you get a full body health checkup?
According to every doctor or healthcare provider, how frequently you should check your body depends on certain general factors including your age, current health status, medical history, family medical history, and your risk factors.
In other aspects, how frequently you should have a full health check up, typically a doctor would suggest:
- Once in every 2 to 3 years if you are under the age of 50
- Once in every 3 years, if you are under the age 50, and have a good health condition
- Once in every year if you are above the age 50
Apart from that, if you have any chronic health complications including diabetes, COPD, etc, then you should go for the health check up more frequently than usual. In some cases, your doctor will inspect your current health condition, and then will let you know when you should require a full body check again.
Who should get a full body check up?
Generally, a person is required to go for the annual check up:
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have obesity
- If you have hepatitis C
- If you have HIV
- If you have type 2 diabetes
- If you have colorectal cancer
- If you have lung cancer
- If you use tobacco
- If you consume alcohol more than usual
- If you misuse certain drugs
Certain screening includes in this checkup, which are especially for designed for women:
- Mammogram for breast cancer
- Pap smear for cervical cancer
- Osteoporosis screen
- High cholesterol screen
- Intimate partner violence screen
Besides, certain screenings include in this checkup for men, such as:
- High cholesterol screening
- Prostate exam
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening
If you are experiencing any unusual symptoms, contact your healthcare provider as soon as possible.
Do not take your life as granted, always remember it is crucial to take charge of your life. The full body health checkup cost is very nominal, it is high time that you should check yourself. As the full body checkup price is low, do book one for yourself, and more for your loved ones.
To know the exact price of a package, you can contact or go to your nearest trustable laboratory. Besides, you can also search online for a full body checkup near me to find out the best suitable full body package for you.