How does smoking harm your heart?
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Aug 26, 2020
According to the doctors, smoking has always been one of the most unhealthy habits of all time. There are still a gigantic number of people who are regular smokers and have unknowingly damaged several organs. Although smoking is hugely addictive, still smokers must try their best to stay away from it as smoking can even be life threatening.
It has always been a known fact that smoking causes a massive harm to our lungs. Apart from that, smoking also plays a key role to increase the risk of type 2 diabetes. All these are the prime reasons why a person should always try to stay away from smoking. However, smoking also causes harm to our heart. A brief of how smoking causes damage to our heart are mentioned below for you.
5 ways how smoking causes damage to our heart
- Smoking reduces the amount of oxygen that enters our heart.
- It is now a proven fact that smoking effectively increases blood pressure, which also affects our heart.
- Smoking is also known for being the reason for blood clot sometimes.
- Smoking increases the heart rate which may also cause a heart attack.
- Smoking also harms the blood vessels of the heart that may lead to serious physical complexions.
As per information collected and verified, smoking can easily be considered as one of the most unhealthy habits. Apart from heart damages, smoking has several more harmful effects on the human body. As a matter of fact, smoking is also known for weakening the immune system of our body. This is why every smoker must stop smoking before it turns serious. You may get in touch with a doctor to fetch more necessary information in this regard.