How can you prevent your family’s health?
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Oct 14, 2021
As we all know, living our life wholly depends on our wellness. To reassure that you are having a healthy life, take a smart move for you and your family by taking a family preventive care strategy. Regular health check-ups can save you from getting a drastic illness. Daily health check-ups decrease the chances of getting disease in the first place. A health check-up, including a number of tests is used to examine diabetes disorder, liver diseases, obesity, deficiency of vitamins or minerals and many other issues.
Tests you should include in your care strategy
- Hemoglobin A1c test (HbA1c), Blood glucose test, Fructosamine helps to monitor the blood-sugar level of the past 3 months.
- Thyroid tests are used to check how well your thyroid gland is functioning by measuring the amount of thyroid hormones in your blood. Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), Thyroxine (T4), Triiodothyronine (T3) test, hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism tests, these blood tests help to diagnose thyroid diseases.
- Liver function tests are to check that the organ is working the way it should, and to check the levels of certain enzymes and other proteins in your blood. Some of the blood tests look for enzymes that you would in your blood only when your liver is damaged or has a disease. Alanine transaminase (ALT) test, Bilirubin test, Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) test, Albumin and total protein test and others analyze diseases present in one's liver.
- Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase a2 (lp-PLA2), apolipoprotein A (apoA) and apolipoprotein B (apoB) tests are done to determine whether your cholesterol is high and to and to estimate the risk of heart attack.
- Blood and urine tests are basically done to check the Levels of uric Acid, albumin, calcium, creatinine and blood urea nitrogen (BUN) helps analyze kidney function and kidney diseases.
- Testing the levels of minerals and vitamins can alert you about the deficiency or excess of these.
Prevent care strategy is suitable for all age groups. For developing children it offers tests for deficiencies like iron, vitamins, minerals and proper nutrients. Besides, adults due to their lifestyle and unplanned diet should get tested for diabetes, thyroid disorders and imbalance in levels of lipid and cholesterol. For senior citizens, risk of heart disease and bones should be checked in them.