High white blood cell count: Causes, types
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on May 07, 2020
White blood cells are considered as an essential component of our blood. Generally, white blood cell count is measured to determine that the body is immune to diseases and infections or not. It has always been a known fact that the increment of white blood cells can be hugely harmful for a human body. Low amounts of whte blood cells can turn a body vulnerable, but there remains a chance of having some types of blood cancers if the amount of white blood cells are too high.
White blood cells keep functioning regularly in the immune system of our body. Our bone marrow keeps the production of white blood cells ongoing. When there is no need to fight any disease or infection, they remain stored in the blood and the lymphatic system. There are so many risk factors that affect the white blood cell count. Some of the prime causes behind the increment of white blood cell count are briefly mentioned below for you.
Causes behind increment of white blood cells
- Excessive amount of exercise
- Emotional stress
- Immune or bone marrow disorder
- Allergic reaction
- Certain kinds of medications
Apart from all these, Immunosuppression and certain types of cancers can also be the reason behind the increment of white blood cells. As a matter of fact, there are certain types of white blood cells. All those types of white blood cells are briefly mentioned below for you.
Types of white blood cells
- Lymphocytes: These specific kinds are mostly useful in producing antibodies to defend infection and other threats.
- Neutrophils: It plays a key role to destroy Fungi and Bacterias.
- Basophils: It makes the body aware of infections by secreting chemicals into the bloodstream.
- Eosinophils: This one actively destroys cancer cells and parasites.
- Monocytes: It attacks the bacterias and germs that enter the body.
Any kind of imbalance of white blood cells may turn serious within a very short span of time. This is why you must always stay alert to stay away from serious physical complexions. Knowingly, weight loss, night fall, coughing, chest pain, swelling etc are some of the most mentionable symptoms of white blood cell increment. Do not waste even a second if any of these symptoms are ever felt. Go for a checkup at least once a month to stay up to date about your white blood cell count and also about your exact physical condition.