Heart disease: Types, symptoms and risk factors
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jan 04, 2023
Heart disease signifies certain conditions which mainly affects hearts. According to recent studies, 1 in 4 deaths around the globe have occurred due to heart disease. Heart disease is a condition which affects people of all ages and ethnicities.
There are several types of heart diseases, and the most common heart conditions are:
- Coronary artery disease: Coronary artery disease (CAD) is one of the most common heart conditions which occurs when the artery pathways get clogged due to plaque buildup. The plaque buildup narrows the pathway and the heart cannot receive adequate oxygen, this then leads to heart attack and stroke.
- Coronary heart defects: When a person is born with a heart defect, it is called coronary heart defect. There are a few types of coronary heart defects including atypical heart valves, septal defects, and atresia.
- Arrhythmia: When the electrical impulses cannot work properly with heartbeat, causes irregular heartbeat and this condition is called arrhythmia.
- Atherosclerosis: Atherosclerosis is a condition which refers to the hardening of arteries.
- Cardiomyopathy: Cardiomyopathy is a condition where your heart muscle becomes hard or weak.
- Heart infection: Heart infection may occur due to certain viruses, bacteria and parasites.
Symptoms of heart disease:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
If you have experienced any of the following symptoms, it might indicate that you have a heart disease. Go for the Cardiac profile test to assess your risk of having a heart disease.
Risk factors of heart disease:
- Family history of heart disease
- Poor diet
- Physical inactivity
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol level
- Sleep apnea
- High stress or anxiety level
If you have any of these risk factors then it is more likely that you may develop heart disease in future. Make sure to go for the cardiac profile if you have a family history of heart disease. You can also check the cardiac profile test price online or you can make a call to your nearest diagnostic center as well.