Healthy food items to lower cholesterol levels
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Dec 31, 2019
It has always been a known fact that increasing cholesterol levels in the human body may give birth to several physical issues that can make a person fall sick. For example, Coronary heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes are some of those serious physical issues that may occur because of increasing cholesterol levels. Most of all, cholesterol is also considered as one of the major reasons behind high blood pressure.
Lowering cholesterol levels is hugely necessary for everyone to stay away from several serious physical complexions. According to the opinions of the doctors, exercise is one of the most effective ways to reduce cholesterol levels. However, there are some food items that can help to lower cholesterol levels naturally as it has always been a known fact that sometimes the most effective medication also fails to cure any disease. Some of the healthy food items that can help to lower cholesterol levels are briefly mentioned below for you.
25 food items to lower cholesterol levels
- Oats and oat brans can effectively reduce the amount of cholesterol by helping in absorbing LDL.
- Beans and legumes can help to reduce cholesterol levels and can also prevent the increment of blood sugar levels.
- Avocados are rich in Vitamin K and C and it is well known for helping the body maintain a normal blood pressure that passively reduces cholesterol.
- According to the doctors, consuming nuts can hugely help to decrease the amount of cholesterol.
- Barley and many other grains like oats,harley and whole grains can also help to reduce cholesterol as they are good sources of fibre.
- Eggplant and Okra are two of the most low calorie vegetables that can effectively keep the cholesterol levels under control.
- Fruits can also play a major role to decrease cholesterol as they have always been a major source of necessary nutrients and high fibre contents.
- Soybeans can reduce the amount of cholesterol. Besides, it is also known for improving the metabolism and bone and heart health.
- Fatty fish contains omega 3 Fatty acids and protein that is necessary to reduce the cholesterol levels
- Vegetable oil is also hugely beneficial for human body and it effectively helps to decrease cholesterol.
- Rice bran oil is considered as one of the healthiest cooking oils that increases our body’s ability to eliminate extra cholesterol.
- Tomatoes are rich in Vitamins and minerals and it is well known for reducing cholesterol and increasing red blood cells.
- Fenugreek seeds or Methi Seeds can also reduce the level of cholesterol in human body and also helps to control blood sugar levels.
- Lemon juice contains Vitamin C and it also helps to reduce cholesterol levels in the body.
- Ginger is mainly known for improving blood circulation. However, it also plays a key role to reduce the amount of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Garlic is reputed for containing antibiotic properties. It also passively helps to reduce the amount of cholesterol.
- Ispaghula Husk is merely a dietary fibre that is consumed to get rid of constipation. It also helps to keep the cholesterol levels in control.
- Green tea is known all over the globe as a natural medicine that has uncountable health benefits. It also helps to reduce cholesterol level.
- Coriander seeds can effectively reduce the cholesterol levels within the shortest possible span of time and it is also recommended by most of the doctors.
- Cluster beans are known as a major source of dietary fibre and it is also known for lowering cholesterol levels.
- Consuming Cinnamon everyday can reduce both blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels.
- Celery is also well known for reducing the chances of heart diseases and lowering cholesterol levels.
- Broccoli and many such vegetables contain cholesterol lowering elements that can help you get control of your cholesterol levels.
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps to reduce cholesterol levels and it is also known for promoting weight loss.
- Brown rice is merely the unpolished form of rice. It also helps to decrease the amount of cholesterol.
Staying aware of your absolute physical condition and your cholesterol levels is also as important as taking precautionary measures. You may get in touch with a genuine and reliable pathology lab to go for a lipid profile test or to fetch more necessary information in this regard.