Foods to enhance your AMH levels naturally at home
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jun 05, 2022
For every parent, being infertile is one of the greatest fears in their life. Usually there are many different reasons behind not being able to conceive. And one of the main reasons is low AMH levels.
Before jumping into the food's name which boosts AMH levels, It is important to understand that an AMH is.
What are AMH levels?
AMH is a hormone, which can both be produced in men and women's reproductive organs, but actually it is only used to evaluate in women only.
Now the question is, what is the connection between AMH levels and fertility? The answer is, the more you have eggs the elevated your AMH levels would be.
Why might you have low AMH levels?
In general as you grow older, your AMH levels also tend to decline. This happens because every female is born with 2 millions of eggs, but the eggs are also exhausted in quantity as well as quality as the time flies.
Do note that testing your AMH levels may give you the number of eggs remaining, but it cannot indicate the quality of eggs.
Tips to consider when improving AMH levels:
- A well-balanced healthy diet
- Having a quality sleep
- Regular physical activity
- Lower the consumption of alcohol
Try to incorporate these tips into your daily routine to increase your chances of conceiving.
5 foods to increase your AMH levels:
Now here comes the part of the names of the nutritious foods to enhance your AMH levels.
- Eat more green leafy vegetables: Why are leafy green vegetables good for ovulation? Because they are in plant fiber, iron and folate. They are also effective for a women's sexual desires. Besides, folate hugely helps in lowering the risks of certain birth defects. You can have leafy green vegetables like spinach, broccoli, organic kale, chard, and arugula.
- Add eggs: Vitamin B and omega-3 is essential for fertility, and good thing is eggs are the best source of them. Eggs are also rich with lean protein and choline, which prevents birth defects.
- Eat almonds daily: Almonds are very effective for skin nourishment, beneficial for ovulation and signs of aging. They are enriched with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and protein. The presence of selenium minerals in almonds helps prevent chromosomal damage in eggs.
- Garlic: Sulfur-rich food garlic helps in increasing glutathione antioxidants, which helps in both male and female fertility. This helps male's sperm quality and health. Besides, in women it helps to enhance egg quality, stimulates ovulation, and prevents chromosomal defects in the embryo.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain zinc, which helps in enhancing progesterone levels during menstrual cycle. Consuming pumpkin seeds daily can increase your AMH levels.
Those are all the 5 super healthy foods, which can definitely balance your AMH levels. Do incorporate these foods in your daily diet, do physical activities daily, improve your quality of sleep, and meditation will help you to enhance your AMH levels.