Foods that helps in reducing high blood pressure problem
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Dec 06, 2021
What food can be eaten to manage blood pressure, is probably the most common concern of a high blood pressure patient. Managing high blood pressure is very important to stay well. If you are a high blood pressure patient, apart from medications, you can lower your blood pressure by changing your diet also. A healthy diet is very important for maintaining a normal blood pressure.
A healthy diet is important because some foods such as fast foods, salted snacks can increase your blood pressure. Therefore, an increased level of blood pressure can contribute to many severe diseases such as heart attack, stroke and kidney dysfunction. As some food increases blood pressure level, there are also many foods that can help in reducing high blood pressure.
10 Foods that can help in lowering your high blood pressure
- Fatty fishes: Fatty fishes are the main sources of omega-3. Studies have suggested that consuming omega-3 is healthy for overall heart health and also reduces the chances of having hypertension.
- Leafy veggies: Any leafy green vegetables such as spinach, endive, chinese cabbage, lettuce, celery, collards, kale, swiss chards, and others leafy vegetables contain nitrates, which efficiently helps in lowering high blood pressure.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are high in potassium and lycopene, which are effectively beneficial for your heart health as well as controls your blood pressure.
- Carrots: Carrots not only taste good, they also have a lot of health benefits. Carrots are rich in p-coumaric, caffeic-acids and chologenic, which helps in reducing high blood pressure. It is reported that consuming raw carrots are more beneficial.
- Beets: Beets are naturally high in nitrate, which helps you in maintaining a healthy blood pressure. Including beets or beets juices in your diet daily can keep you in a healthy state.
- Citrous fruits: If you have hypertension, consuming citrus fruits helps in managing hypertension. Fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, lemons and other fruits are full of vitamins and minerals. These will help in keeping you away from many heart diseases.
- Strawberries and blueberries: Researchers have found that strawberries and blueberries are rich in anthocyanins antioxidants, which helps in managing hypertension.
- Pomegranates: Pomegranate helps in reducing high blood pressures. You can cut off drinking artificial juices with pomegranates, this can be very health advantages.
- Garlic: Garlic is an antibiotic which has active ingredients such as alicin. This helps in the production of nitric acids, which effectively decreases high blood pressure.
- Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds are packed with nutritions. This contains potassium, magnesium, and arginine, all these help in the relaxation of blood vessels contributing to a healthy blood pressure level.
Those are all the foods that can help you in reducing high blood pressure. Incorporate these foods in your daily meals to maintain a healthy and stable blood pressure level. Along with a healthy diet, it is also important to do regular physical activities to lead a healthy life.