Food intolerance : Causes, types and symptoms
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Sep 19, 2020
Food intolerance can easily be considered as one of the most common disorders of all time. There are still a large number of people who are suffering from food intolerance. As a matter of fact, the disease of facing difficulty in digesting certain kinds of food is known as food intolerance. However, a person with food intolerance must seek medical attention immediately as food intolerance is also known for turning serious within a very short span of time. There are certain types of food intolerance that so many people are suffering from. Some of them are mentioned below.
Types of food intolerance
- Artificial sweeteners and colors
Each and every kind of food intolerance can be very serious after a certain point of time. People with food intolerance generally start to notice symptoms after consuming any of these food items. Just like several other types of diseases, food intolerance may also turn incurable after a certain point of time. Having knowledge about the causes of food intolerance will certainly help you take precautionary measures against food intolerance. There are certain causes of food intolerance that are still not known to a large number of people. Some of them are mentioned below for you.
Causes of food intolerance
- Absence of certain enzymes: Enzymes play the lead role in digesting any food. This is the prime reason why the absence of any enzyme may cause difficulty in digesting, which leads to food intolerance. Lactase is one of those enzymes that helps to digest foods. Lack of this enzyme may show symptoms like stomach ache, diarrhea, bloating etc. As a matter of fact, enzyme deficiency is the major cause of food intolerance.
- Food poisoning: Some foods naturally or accidentally contain certain kinds of elements that have toxic effects on our body. For example, undercooked beans are well known for causing digestive issues. Just like that, there are many food items that may contain such kinds of toxins.
- Chemical causes: Sometimes, some food items contain some types of chemicals that may also be the reason for food intolerance. Amine in some types of cheeses, caffeine in tea and coffee are the most common examples of some of such chemicals.
- Presence of histamine: If foods like fish are not stored in a proper manner, then the presence of histamine can be noticed in it that makes it rotten. There are still a large number of people who are naturally allergic to histamines and if they unknowingly intake any food that contains histamine, then it may cause food intolerance to them.
Apart from all these, a chemical name salicylate is often found in plants, which may leave a negative impact on some people and cause food intolerance. As a matter of fact, sometimes diseases like food intolerance take too much time to generate symptoms initially. As a result of that, sometimes it becomes really hard to detect it at the initial stage that often leads to serious physical complexions. However, one must also have information about the symptoms of it as food intolerance may even turn incurable. Some of the major symptoms of food intolerance are mentioned below for you.
Symptoms of food intolerance
- Runny nose
- Stomach ache
Apart from all these, irritable bowel syndrome is also one of the most common symptoms of food intolerance. According to the opinions of the largest percentage of medical experts, one must not ignore the presence of any of these symptoms as it may lead them towards a serious physical complexion. Get in touch with a genuine and reliable pathologist or a certified doctor today to fetch more necessary information in this regard.