Fatigue: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and tests
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jan 28, 2020
Fatigue is merely known as a disorder of having less energy or motivation. In other words, a person with fatigue starts to feel less energetic and lethargy all the time. According to the certified doctors, fatigue is one of the most disgraceful physical disorders of all time as it may passively give birth to some more physical problems. For example, fatigue decreases the desire of physical activities that can passively hamper the metabolism.
Fatigue is also one of those diseases that can be treated if detected at the beginning stage. However sometimes it becomes harder for the affected people to describe their exact physical complexion to the specialists. However, some general symptoms of fatigue are briefly evaluated below as that can help so many people identify this disease
Symptoms of fatigue
- Impaired concentration or memory
- Unrefreshing or interrupted sleep
- Increasing multi-joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Lymph Nodes
- Sore throat
Besides, a person may notice lack of energy, feel exhausted or weary or feel run down while having this disorder. Some of the most mentionable causes of this disorder are briefly evaluated below for you.
Causes of Fatigue
- Metabolic factors: Anemia, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes etc can be the reason of fatigue.
- Infections: Deadly infections like Hepatitis, HIV infection or Malaria may also cause fatigue.
- Cardiac or Pulmonary factors: Coronary artery diseases, Asthma or pneumonia can also cause fatigue
- Medication: Anti anxiety or antidepressant medicines or regular consumption of drugs can be the reason for fatigue.
- Mental Health: Depression, anxiety or excessive feeling of grief can also passively be the reason for fatigue.
Apart from all these, sleep problems can also be the reason for fatigue. Some of the tests that are needed to determine the existence of fatigue are mentioned below for you.
Necessary tests to detect Fatigue
- CBC test
- Electrolytes test
- Glucose test
- Creatinine test
- TSH test
- Monospot test
- Ferritin test
- Deficiency tests for Vitamin B12, D, iron and Folic acid
- CPK test
- ESR test
Get all these tests done from any nearby pathology lab and it will be easier for the doctors and pathologists to detect your disease in a proper manner.
Treatment for fatigue
Treatments of fatigue generally depend on the exact cause of fatigue that varies person to person. That is why it can easily be said that there are several kinds of procedures to treat this disorder. For example, if Anemia is the reason of fatigue for a person, then treating Anemia and having treatments to increase red blood cells can help to cure fatigue additionally.
As said before, an earlier diagnosis of this disease can help a person get a genuine cure. Fatigue is not merely a disorder, it’s a result of certain causes. However, treating fatigue has never been so challenging as medical technologies have improved a lot since the beginning. The main challenge for any person with fatigue is to realize this issue and make a wise decision of going for a health checkup. You may get in touch with any genuine pathology labs to know about precautions that can be taken to stay away from fatigue or to fetch more necessary information in this regard.