Expert tips to reduce your Hba1c levels
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jun 10, 2022
We all know that diabetes is a life-threatening disease if not controlled properly. Those who are now suffering from diabetes know that the hemoglobin a1c level must be checked each and every day.
Doctors usually suggest taking a hba1c test regularly to understand whether you have reached your goal or not. Hba1c test price is also quite low, you can test yourself if you are at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Here are certain expert suggested tips, which will help you manage as well as lowering your A1c level.
5 top tips to manage your hemoglobin a1c level:
- Make a proper food portion: Consuming the exact right amount of foods has a huge role in lowering your A1c level. A proper food portion means that you have to understand what is the right amount and what is too much for you.Make sure to utilize smaller plates for eating. Practicing eating on a smaller plate will help you to eat in the right portion.
- Measure how much carbs you intake: Carbohydrates are the nutrients which highly affect your blood glucose level. People with diabetes have to manage their carb intake, but that does not mean quitting them.Carbs are bodies and brains main source of energy. There are three types of carbs, including fiber, sugar and starch. All carbs may not cause any issues, you just have to choose the right one.
- Do daily exercise: Exercising daily will help you to reduce A1c level. And being physically active will reduce the chances of developing diabetes, heart disease, and obesity.Exercise does not exactly mean high intensity workouts, you can just start walking for 20 to 30 minutes a daily, to reduce A1c level.
- Do take supplements: Supplements which are used to lower the blood sugar level can be also used to lower A1c levels. You can also consult with your doctor for suggestion what supplements would be sufficient for you.
- Monitor your blood sugar level as directed: It is important to consult with your doctor about when you should check your blood glucose level with a hba1c blood test. Your doctor may suggest you take home test kits.
So, these are the main things you should consider to manage your a1c level as well as diabetes. As these are all lifestyle changes, you have to stay consistent on this refined routine.
However, you should talk to a healthcare expert, they will assist you setting a proper goal and will give required medicines as well. Additionally, they can suggest a dietician, who will guide you about what diet and lifestyle changes would be more practical for your health.