Everything you need to know about the booster shot of the covid-19
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Aug 14, 2022
As we all know that after the approval of the government the booster shots for covid-19 are now available all over India. However, there are lots of doubts and questions regarding this covid-19 shot. To clear all the doubts and questions regarding this, here is all the necessary information regarding the booster shots described below.
What is actually the booster dose?
The major question in almost everyone’s mind is what exactly the booster dose is? Just like any of the booster doses, the covid-19 booster dose is the supplemental dose of vaccine against covid-19. Which is recommended to everyone, who already has been vaccinated with the main vaccine. Usually every booster dose is used to enhance and uplift the effect of the main vaccine dose. Get a rt pcr test near me to get yourself tested.
These shots are named as the booster dose or the precautionary dose all around the globe. This is mainly suggested when the effect of the original vaccine decreases, and this will help to give extra strength to our immune system. Find covid test near me if you notice any symptoms of covid-19.
When should you go for the booster dose?
There are mainly 2 kinds of booster dose of covid-19 available till now.
- Everyone age 5 and up can get the first booster dose whenever they are negligible for that.
- Besides, the second booster dose is only for those who are 50 years or up, and for those who age 12 or up and suffering from impaired immune system.
What are the eligibility criteria of getting the booster shots?
- There is absolutely no need for a doctor's prescription to get the booster shots. However, it is still important to consult with your doctor before getting the booster shot.
- A person could only get the booster shot, if after 9 months or 39 weeks of getting the second dose of the covid main vaccine.
- The booster dose of vaccines will be the same exact vaccine, which you have already been vaccinated in the previous vaccinations. For example if you have been vaccinated with the Covishield as your 1st and 2nd dose of covid vaccination, then you will receive the Covishield as the booster shot as well.
Are there any side effects of booster shots?
As of now, no extreme side effects of the booster shots have been identified. However, there are certain most common side effects which you may get after having the booster shots. Such as:
- Muscle pain
- Joint ache
- Pain and inflammation in around the injected side
All of the upper mentioned effects are very common after having any booster dose. All of this uneasiness will go away after a few times. However, contact your doctor as soon as possible if you are having a high fever for more than 24 hours, and if the effects get worse in a few days.
So, all of the important necessary information regarding the booster shots against covid-19 have been discussed for you. But, do not forget that the covid-19 cases are still increasing, so get all the vaccines and booster shots when you are eligible.
Besides, it is also mentionable that the rt pcr test cost is very low. In this tough situation find a rt pcr test at home near me to determine whether you and your loved ones are affected with this deadly virus or not.