Diabetes diagnostic process : How is it performed?
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Oct 15, 2022
Abnormal blood glucose levels give birth to diabetes. As per information fetched and verified, both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes can be very much harmful for a human body. As not all of us are well aware of the primary signs and symptoms of diabetes, a diabetes diagnostic test is necessary. Categories of patients who may need a diabetes test are mentioned below.
Who may need a diabetes diagnostic test?
- Anybody with a body mass index higher than 25. However, the count is 23 for Asians and Americans.
- Anyone who is older than 35 is generally suggested by the medical experts to go for a diabetes diagnostic test.
- If any woman is suffering from gestational diabetes then she should go for a diabetes test once every three years.
- People who have already been diagnosed with prediabetes are also suggested to go for a diabetes test.
- People with aids are also suggested to go for a diabetes diagnostic test.
Diagnostic procedures for diabetes
- Fasting blood sugar test : You won’t be allowed to eat anything before this test is performed and blood samples will be required to perform this test.
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test: Overnight fasting is required for this specific test. Soon after the fasting period is over, the level of fasting blood sugar is measured.
- Random blood sugar test: In this test, the blood sample will be collected from your body at any random time.
- Glycated Hemoglobin test: This test helps to measure your average levels of blood sugar in the past two or three months. It actually measures the amount of glucose that is attached to the hemoglobin.
Soon after the samples are collected, it doesn’t really take much time to generate the test report. However, you can expect complete assurance of test report accuracy from genuine and reliable pathology labs like Thyrocare. Knowingly, advanced IT enabled pathology labs like thyrocare are providing the world-class facilities of diabetes blood test including the facility of home sample collection. Consult them today to know about the price of a diabetes profile test.