Covid-19 and children : Will the third wave affect children?
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jan 16, 2022
As we all know, the deadly respiratory disease has already claimed an uncountable number of innocent lives all over the globe. This is certainly unfortunate that the number of infected people are still increasing. Even after the two doses of Covid-19 vaccines, so many people are found being infected. This can easily be considered as one of the most concerning matters at this very moment.
People with weakened immune systems are at a higher risk of getting the disease. This is the reason why old aged people and children are at a higher risk of catching this infection. As we all know, the third wave is almost knocking at the door and this is the major reason why the situation has put a big question mark on the safety of children. In other words, each and every of those children who are roaming around without any kind of protection are at a high risk of having life threatening physical complexions. As a matter of fact, you must get in touch with a genuine medical expert immediately if any of the symptoms of the deadly respiratory disease starts to get visible in your child. Some of the most mentionable symptoms of Covid-19 in children are mentioned below for you.
Symptoms of Covid-19 in children
- Sore throat
- Flu-type symptoms
There are also certain kinds of atypical symptoms that are known for being present in 5%-10% children are,
- Pain in Abdomen
There are certain precautionary measures that must be taught to the children by their parents to keep them away from the third wave. Some of them are briefly evaluated below for you.
Precautionary guidelines that parents should follow for their children
- Never ever let your child take a single step out of the home without a mask. Using N95 can be mostly beneficial, otherwise any type of mask can be used that has at least three layers.
- Each and every child must be carrying alcohol based hand sanitizers with them to keep disinfecting their hands because it is one of the most effective ways to terminate the existence of the virus.
- It is really important to teach children to wash hands every time after coming back home just because there are so many kinds of invisible germs and dirt that can not be noticed through naked eye. This is one of the most important precautionary measures to stay away from the third wave.
- Staying away from crowds is hugely necessary. As we all know, children are playful, they usually prefer to spend time with their group of friends or they like to visit parks and other amusement zones where large groups of children and adults can be found, which can be truly dangerous for them. Try to keep your children isolated as much as possible.
- Forbid your child to touch random objects and surfaces as such behaviour can make them get in direct contact with the virus instantly.
To be mentioned once again, do not ignore even the silliest symptom or respiratory complexion that is getting visible in your child because your negligence to all these can be extremely dangerous to the child. If any critical complexion takes place, it is always recommended to get in touch with medical experts to know more in this regard.
Disclaimer: This article and everything mentioned in it is mainly for general information purposes only and not to be considered as professional medical advise under any circumstances. Always consult a certified doctor before making changes in your diet, lifestyle habit or starting any medication for yourself.