Common monsoon diseases and their precautions
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Aug 19, 2021
Certainly, Monsoon has always been the most favourite season for so many of us. However, the monsoon can be very beautiful but not safe and this is the reason why the medical experts always suggest staying aware and alert during the monsoon. As a matter of fact, there are so many kinds of diseases that may occur during the rainy season and can make you seriously sick and can also make you face so many physical complexions.
Rainfall comes like a blessing after the scorching heat of summer, but it is always necessary to stay alert of the diseases that take place during monsoon. It is good to have sound knowledge about these diseases as there are still a huge number of people who have no idea about the diseases that may occur during monsoon and turn serious very quickly. Some of those most mentionable diseases that may occur in Monsoon are mentioned below for you.
Most common monsoon diseases
- Mosquito borne diseases: There are so many diseases that are carried by the mosquitoes. From Malaria to Dengue, most of these diseases generally occur during the monsoon and it is a known fact that most of these diseases turn serious very quickly. Malaria is a life threatening disease, which can be transmitted. On the other hand, Dengue is also one of the most serious diseases that may also turn very serious and even deadly. Apart from that Chikungunya is also one of the most critical types of diseases that take place during monsoon. As a matter of fact, this disease is also transmitted by mosquitoes.
- Cholera: Cholera is a water borne disease that affects the gastrointestinal tracts. Initially it can be the reason for dehydration and diarrhea but later it may turn very serious or even incurable and fatal in some specific cases.
- Typhoid: Typhoid takes place because of contaminated food and water and Typhoid is known for affecting the liver hugely. This is the reason why the greater percentage of certified medical experts always suggest to consume clean and filtered water as this is hugely necessary to stay away from the potential risk factors of thyroid.
- Hepatitis A: Contaminated food and water is considered as the prime reason behind Hepatitis A. Food and water get contaminated very quickly during monsoon and this is the reason why it occurs during the rainy season. As a matter of fact, it affects the liver and may also cause so many other additional problems.
- Cold and Flu: these are two of the most common diseases that take place during the Monsoon. This may happen because of sudden weather change or due to bacterial attacks. This is the reason why doctors always suggest staying very alert during the monsoon as cold and flu may occur anytime and cause so many issues.
- Leptospirosis: This is also one of the diseases that occur during monsoon and can affect both humans and animals. Knowingly, a specific type of bacteria causes this disease. This disease may also turn serious.
Most of the diseases that occur during monsoon are curable, but nobody likes some hours of sickness on the bed with some painful physical complexions. This is the reason why you must take some of the most necessary precautions to stay away from all these. Some of the most mentionable precautionary measures that should be taken are mentioned below for you.
Precautions to avoid monsoon diseases
- Always drink clean and filtered water.
- Keep your food and other cooked items well-covered and away from the range of mosquitoes
- Try not to get wet as this can make you fall sick.
- Take necessary medications if you are already sick
- Always keep your hands clean before having any food
- Do not make any kind of contact with any potentially infected animal
- Old-aged people and children are more likely to catch monsoon diseases so they should always stay very careful
- Ensure open drains and no stored contaminated water storage around your home
- Drink warm water as that is useful to keep the respiratory system healthy.
Each and every of us should take all the precautions very seriously otherwise it can make us face so many unavoidable physical issues that may turn serious within a very short span of time. Get in touch with a genuine and reliable medical expert today to fetch more necessary information in this regard.